What's new

The Future of Shaving? Gillette releases 45 blade razor...

Scientists have observed the progression of razors over the last 40 years, and have extrapolated what state of the art shaving will look like in the year 2030.

"At Gillette we have always been at the forefront of providing you with an ever closer shave.

Now meet our most advanced razor yet - The 'Gillette Cheez-Gr8ter 5000'.

It comes with 45 tiny blades arranged in the patented 'Gr8ter' configuration proven to give you a shave so close you wont believe it. We 100% guarantee that after using this product, there will be NO hair left on your face!

And with our patented Nev-R-Dull technology, you can be sure of at least one complete shave before replacement!

RRP $300"

Last edited:
Tempting...but I'd need to see it next to a DE for scale purposes before I commit to going back to multis! :lol:

Tried one of those recently and I have to admit that the shave was pretty close. Some areas though show some bone and the shave was not too comfortable.

This is probably because it was my first shave with this razor and I am not accustomed yet to the balance and aggressiveness. It will definitely stay in my rotation but for now I think I will not take another shave this week; there are some minor cuts that will have to heal first! :ciappa:

Last edited:
I want to take this opportunity to say how very versatile this new shaving tool turned out to be. After I bandaged my face from the morning shave, I was able to successfully use this implement to rob two banks, a liquor store, and three convenience marts. The guy at the gas station offered to put me out of my misery by squirting me down with high octane and firing me up but I couldn't stay. I managed to collect enough money to pay for my emergency room expense and some of the plastic surgery, everyone admires the new razor but the doctors won't let anyone try it, oh well.

proxy.php

They make a travel model too! :laugh:

Way back when, Mad Magazine published a parody of a new razor with dozens of blades. I'm posting from the phone, so I can't GIS it and post the image, but it should come up with a quick search.

Did you happen to see the new shaving gel being marketed with it?

It exfoliates, hydrates, cleans, and will also remove stains from your toilet.

You guys have seem this, right?

MadTV saw it coming!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F7TMlrDXtw[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
I have the new LONG Handle Mach 40 model. It is much faster with the irritation than the old Mach 3. It is a little more expensive though.

Bruce

45 blade grater?

That's rather pathetic. More than 2000 years ago the Romans had worked out that a pumice stone had many thousands of cutting edges along its length. And so they shaved smoothly.

Top Bottom