What's new

C.O. Bigelow

Went to B&B this morning to buy shave cream to find they don't have the
5.1oz. tube anymore. They sell a 1.7 oz. now. The big tube was $10, now the small tube is $5, costlier per ounce.

I did have a 20% off coupon and they were having a buy two get one free this
weekend

Check their website for the coupon.

I stopped into Bath and Body Works with my wife. She had a 20% off coupon, and was shopping for soaps/lotions. I was looking at the shaving cream, and the lady behind the counter let me know that it was $5 each or 3 for $10. The 20% off coupon also applied, so it ended up being 3 tubes for $8.

I ended up buying 3 tubes of cream and picked up some of the blue aftershave balm. Anyone have experience with the C.O. Bigelow afterhsave?

I ended up buying 3 tubes of cream and picked up some of the blue aftershave balm. Anyone have experience with the C.O. Bigelow afterhsave?

Yes, their Barber series aftershave balm and colognes are quite good.

-- John Gehman

The CO Bigelow shaving cream is great. I also like the black ASB from B&BW. Blue is okay too. I'm not a fan of the red or green.

I really like the Blue A/S Balm. Last time I was in the store had no shave cream at all and the young lady had no idea what I was talking about.

Sam

I like the Blue ASB, this has been my everyday balm for a couple of months now. The balm won't stop a gusher, but does stop minor weepers. Its quite mild, but it does let you know when you've really roughed up your skin, with burn. And the fragrance is great!

They've always sold two sizes. Your store was probably just out of the bigger tube.

+1

They have always sold the 1.7oz travel sized tube, and the full size tube. They didn't discontinue the larger size tube.

From my experience, this is a quite popular product, especially if there is a BOGO (buy one get one free) sale going on.

Thus it is very likely that the store was simply out of the larger sized tubes.

+1

They have always sold the 1.7oz travel sized tube, and the full size tube. They didn't discontinue the larger size tube.

From my experience, this is a quite popular product, especially if there is a BOGO (buy one get one free) sale going on.

Thus it is very likely that the store was simply out of the larger sized tubes.

I know the stores in my area were worn out during Christmas with the buy 1 get 1 coupons.

I would say that they haven't caught up yet.

I know the stores in my area were worn out during Christmas with the buy 1 get 1 coupons.

I would say that they haven't caught up yet.

I was in 2 different stores this weekend and 1 had 2 of the travel size and the other was out completely. I ask if they had any in back and was told they were told to pull it from the shelves, which she said normally means they are going to quit selling it. They did have cans of Bigelow shaving foam made by Proraso but I have not used it.

Last edited:
I was in 2 different stores this weekend and 1 had 2 of the travel size and the other was out completely. I ask if they had any in back and was told they were told to pull it from the shelves, which she said normally means they are going to quit selling it. They did have cans of Bigelow shaving foam made by Proraso but I have not used it.

I actually wanted to give it a shot but don't believe 10 dollars for a can on foam is a good price by any stretch of the imagination. Is there some kind of code for the 20% off that I can mention?

I actually wanted to give it a shot but don't believe 10 dollars for a can on foam is a good price by any stretch of the imagination. Is there some kind of code for the 20% off that I can mention?

$10 for canned goo, is quite expensive.

This is the product in question, which is actually something new, as they didn't have this around Christmas time:

proxy.php

Yes that's the stuff John. I was hoping to walk into the store today as I work across the street from a mall that has a BBW in it and just check it out. See if I can talk the girl into giving me a coupon code. I did also notice that they sell the regular Proraso cans for 6 dollars if you look hard enough but you get 8 OZ's and with Bath and Body Works you get 10'z. Also to ship the canned stuff you have to use FedEx ground which is going to cost 6-8 dollars. I guess the regular Proraso has it's advantage if you buy a few cans at a time, also you can buy the sensitive skin Proraso in a can where as the Bigelow you only get one option.

If this is indeed what's going to happen, I'll be very sad to see it go.

Last time I was at that store was december and they had plenty of both sizes. That's pretty much the only reason why I ever go there.

By the time I run out (and I don't know when that's going to be) if they are out of it then I guess I'll have to try the Body Shop cream. If all fails then I guess I'll have to order online. 10 bucks for canned goo is a rip off.

I don't understand why they keep pulling popular products off the shelves, it happens all the time and it doesn't make any sense. :cursing:

As far as the AS goes I've only tried the black and it's good, I really liked it. The scent is discreet and it works. I prefer splashes but the balms are good too.

I went to BBW just now to see how the canned proraso gave lather and I'm actually quite impressed. Its exactly like whipping up Proraso cream, yet a tad thicker than majority of canned crap you get so it would still need a brush to work it in. Yet it is more dense so one wouldn't need as much as other canned creams.

Actually there have been several posts/reviews about the canned Proraso. In a nutshell (as I recall): if you have to use canned foam, get the Proraso.

Top Bottom