What's new

Blade Angle - some help for newbies

Perfect, thanks for the post!! As a newbie I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row for when my kit arrives, this knocks one of the questions off my list! :badger:

It appears I've been "scraping" as well. I've seen the pictures before but reading this thread turns the light on, I hope.

This pictures were a great help. If it does anybody else any good, I found that if I got my face right up to the mirror and held the razor high on my right cheek and looked at it closely from the end (or side, if you will: same angle as in these photos) it was very easy to see the parts of the razor and the blade contacting my face. I could then just look over to the razor handle and get a better idea what angle it should be at compared to my face. Good stuff and a great visual aid! Thanks.

I am a newbie to B&B and I just viewed your post for the first time. As a beginner, blade angle is something I am trying to focus on and I found your pics and the accompanying captions truly helpful. Many thanks for your post! :)

Cool tutorial...I gotta say though if you're shaving like this:

proxy.php

FAIL

:001_tt2:

:lol:

Nice post. I'm definitely going to need something like this. If i had read this years ago when i first posted my cry-for-help thread, I may have had a different outcome.
I kept convincing myself that DE shaving just wasn't for me; but after coming back here to seek more thorough information and direction, it seems as though it was more a case of poor technique.

1 question though...with the difference between 6 & 7 being such a fine line. how on earth are you supposed to be able to tell while actually shaving? Also, are there any tips on how to make sure you hit that same angle again on the following shaves, or is it one of those situations where you just get a feel for it?

Top Bottom