What's new

My New Shavemac D01...pics included!

I ordered this at Christmas time. Bernd Blos was a pleasure to deal with. He was supper fast in corresponding with me, filling the order once it was made, and the shipping--all I can say is WOW!--ordered it on Monday and it was here on Wed....from Germany!!! (His brush got to my house quicker than two US side shaving vendors that I had placed orders with a few days before placing his order--one even required me to take priority shipping and he still beat them!

The brush is excellent--only lost 6 or 7 hairs. Is not a shedder. I went with a custom D01 because I liked the handle but wanted more backbone than the regular Shavemac brushes.

It has good backbone but not as much as my Rooney Emillion. At first I wasn't sure I liked that fact, but after using this brush and breaking it in, it has REALLY grown on me. Which one do I like better--to be honest its a toss up right now. I really like the level of backbone it has and the softness on my face. I have found myself using it more here lately.

The handle and quality of this brush are fantastic--pictures do not do justice. Would I buy another Shavemac? Without hesitation. They truly are fantastic brushes and live up to the hype. My eyes are on the large wooden handle D01 (but they are really pricey!)

Downsides:

That badger smell--whoa it was BAD!!! It took a couple of weeks to really go away. My little C&E didn't stink like that and neither did my Rooney Emillion. I don't know what made the difference, but now I finally know what everyone is talking about when they refer to that badger odor! Good news is that its gone now...finally!

Well enough of my blabbing. Below are the pics. Hope you enjoy them! The bigger brush in the picture is my Rooney Emillion; sorry the last picture is sideways...don't know how I did that!

Last edited:
Very nice brush! :thumbup1: That handle is so Beautiful. I don't really like black handles but black & chrome Wow! SO SEXY! Enjoy your great choice in a brush Shaving Dad.

Rotated the last image for you. Nice brush!

proxy.php

Larry, I never thought I'd like a black handle brush either, but really liked the black and chrome combo too. Glad I got it. Thanks for your comments.

Christian, Thanks for fixing my picture! I'll figure out how to do that right next time!

NICE looking brush! Always glad to hear about another happy Shavemac customer!

What are the knot/loft specs?

Great looking brush. I'm currently bonding with my DO1 and things are going quite well. I will echo the badger smell. Usually after about 10-20 lathers on a brush the smell is just about gone, but the preservative used in this hair does persist. Oh well, I'll just keep shaving:biggrin1:

NICE looking brush! Always glad to hear about another happy Shavemac customer!

What are the knot/loft specs?

Hunter, the knot is 23mm and the loft is 54 mm

At first, I wasn't sure if I'd like the smaller knot b/c I was used to the Rooney Emillion (which is a 24mm knot), but I actually like the smaller knot really well. This size brush fits well in my hand and it takes a little longer to lather up--which extends the pleasure of a great morning ritual!

I used it again this morning. (My Rooney is getting a little lonely!) My favorite combination right is the Shavemac and MB Rosemary Mint soap --just a fantastic shave from start to finish.

If you are planning on getting a new brush, you really should consider getting a Shavemac D01. I specifically wanted a D01 b/c I primarily use soaps, but the brush is equally good with creams too. I also thought it would be a lot more expensive than the regular brushes on Mr. Blos's site but it wasn't. It was very fairly priced and is worth every penny.

Beautiful brush. Outstanding! The contrasts in the handle are awesome! Nicely balanced as well.

What I noticed, is that the tips of the hairs are whiter than my silvertip brush. Is there any difference in quality depending on the colour of the tips?

Top Bottom