What's new

Ever Ready 1912

Is an Ever Ready 1912 the same as a GEM 1912?

Anyone know where I can get a pack of blades (in UK) to try it? I've checked the Amazon link posted elsewhere but they're out of stock at moment.

Sorry pics are a bit blurry

full

full

full

Was a bit tarnished when I got it from fleabay but it's cleaned up nicely. The blade holders are both in place and the comb look like it's straight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, that ER is simply a different brand name on the same American Safety Razor Co's great 1912 design. It should shave no differently than the same razor with the Gem name on it. They were sold under several brand names.

Regards,
Tom

Anyone know where I can get a pack of blades (in UK) to try it?

In the US we can find them pretty much anywhere razors and cans of shaving goo are sold. Usually there is one option in the store. Typically GEM or a store brand push pack.

You're in for a treat. The 1912 is a fine shaver. I just got mine off the bay. It shaves like a dream. Be sure to read up on how to shave with a SE before you put the blade to your face. It's completely different.

You can usually buy GEM Personna blades on eBay for it. They shave fantastically. The best shave I've had in my life was from a GEM 1912.

A quick question for the GEM fans.

Managed to source some SE blades and am planning to try my Ever Ready 1912 tonight.

I've seen a few threads including MrGuy's micromatic tips is it the same technique, or is there anything else specific I should watch for?

one thing i had to learn about these razors after much reading here is not to be intimidated. yes, use light pressure, etc. but once i stopped being tenative with these slightly scary looking things and shaved away, that's when the magic happened.

you guys are probably way beyond that...so fwiw

A quick question for the GEM fans.

Managed to source some SE blades and am planning to try my Ever Ready 1912 tonight.

I've seen a few threads including MrGuy's micromatic tips is it the same technique, or is there anything else specific I should watch for?
Take your time and do everything by FEEL.:wink2:,and you will discover the magic of a Gem shave.:thumbup:

Top Bottom