What's new

Are there any Skin Bracer knock-offs?

General consensus seems to be that you can buy a good dollar store knock-off of the original Old Spice scent.

Having recently tried Skin Bracer I'm wondering if anyone knows of any similar knock-offs of the AFAIK now discontinued Skin Bracer Cooling Blue or Cool Spice?

Looking through the forums, seems there at least a couple knock-offs of Skin Bracer original, mostly called "brisk" such as Barbasol and Men's Choice Brisk.

Found a partial answer to my own question in this thread that Men's Choice Spice might be a knock-off of Cool Spice, but not sure how accurate a reproduction it is, or if it is any good and worth trying, so any feedback on that would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Says on the bottle that it is supposed to be like skin bracer. For $3.50, it has menthol and some scent. Never used skin bracer, but that is what the bottle says.

Looking through the forums, seems there at least a couple knock-offs of Skin Bracer original, mostly called "brisk" such as Barbasol and Men's Choice Brisk.

Yes, the Barbasol 'Brisk' is the knock-off for the Skin bracer. I find it the same, except for the price of $1.50/5oz.

Good product, cheap.

-- John Gehman

CVS has a SB clone, which I picked up for around 4 bucks. Smelled exactly like the Skin Bracer it was sitting next to but was 2 or 3 dollars cheaper.

Take a look at a store brand bottle bottom and see if there is a little Vi-Jon logo on it- there is on the Walgreens Brisk I bought. It was not really easy to see.

These store label bottles may mostly be made by this firm and just repackaged. Wingnut pointed me in this direction.

The Walgreens, and I am guessing, probably the CVS as well, are decent low-priced *** meant to be Skin Bracer or other more well known brand knock offs. The generic corn flakes of AS.

It was also suggested to me by other members that if you have a Dollar General in your area they have some very low priced AS. Unfortunately, they don't have stores in Nevada, but perhaps they do where you live.

Cheers!

Skin Bracer has a cheap and displeasing smell to me. The idea of getting a knock off of an already sub-par product has no appeal to me whatsoever. Good luck with your search though. Like a rainbow, everyone can pick their own favorite color.:001_tongu

Thanks for the replies. Guess I wasn't as clear as I hoped.

As noted, Skin Bracer orginal is readily available, cheap and knock-offs exist.

What I'm looking for are knock-offs of the the discontinued Skin Bracer scents: Cooling Blue and Cool Spice.

I'm looking for help on these as I never tried those Skin Bracer products so I can't tell if a product is a knock-off as I have no idea of the original scent.

Last edited:
I don't know about any knockoffs, but if you check ebay, you can find quite a bit of NOS Cooling Blue and Cool Spice (more so the Blue though). Granted, it's not dollar store prices, but you can get a couple of bottles of the real stuff for under $20.

when going for the Skin Bracer knock off i would say most if not all made by vi-jon under various titles...i have tried a few of them..walgreens, barbasol, and another i can't remember..they all seemed pretty similar...barbasol had more of the "sandalwood" scent as i recall and a better menthol kick

I'd also be somewhat curious about the Spice/Cool Blue, because the only remaining Skin Bracer--the original--has lost its appeal to me. It's so strong on the menthol that nothing else seems to come through at all.

I still have a nearly-full bottle of the original that I didn't even pack when I came back to school.

there are also some skin bracer lotion type generics out there for more intensive skin care needs.i used to use it inn the 80's.i think i got it at eckerds or cvs.

What I'm looking for are knock-offs of the the discontinued Skin Bracer scents: Cooling Blue and Cool Spice.

I'm looking for help on these as I never tried those Skin Bracer products so I can't tell if a product is a knock-off as I have no idea of the original scent.

I'm not aware of generic versions of the other SB scents. Most "spice" scents are Old Spice clones and anything "blue" is going to mimic AV.

Top Bottom