What's new

if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck it must be a red hat

I just had to share this mind boggling experience with y’all.
i ordered a hat through amazon.com. the picture of the hat was black. i clicked order, paid for it, end of story...i thought. yesterday it arrived. the hat was red. i looked at the webpage again. the hat is black. but when i read the description, it said the hat is red…which is why i was sent a red hat. since the hat was shipped from a third party and not from amazon, i contacted them and they said i would have to pay for re-shipping since it wasn't their fault. understandable...it was amazon.com's fault. i took it up with amazon.com. their first question was, ‘how do you have the item?’ :confused1 :confused1 i literally had to tell the woman that the company shipped it to me. (that’s what companies do when you order online…they ship you what you order. maybe no one explained this to her.)

anyway…she said call back in three days and they’ll issue a refund. today i got an email saying they’ve submitted the request for a refund and are waiting for approval. :confused1 all i want is the black hat i saw without having to spend any more money for it. i’ll wait and see what happens. and i have all receipts and webpages because evenatually i'll take this to the better business bureau. i had a similar problem with amazon a few years ago.

but i wanna know, if the picture of the hat is black, don’t i have a right to expect a black hat? granted, i didn’t read the description (and now i'll know to read the description regardless of what the picture looks like because apparently just because it’s a black hat doesn’t mean it’s a black hat.) but what else did i need to know? the hat was black. it had the correct emblem. it looked how i wanted it to look. i wonder if i missed something somewhere.

I ordered some speaker wire via Amazon a few weeks back. There were no description details (other than gauge and length) and the photo was of a spool of standard brown-ish speaker wire.

When I received it the wire was bright purple.

I was a little surprised by that.

Top Bottom