What's new

Best/Favorite Lime soap

So whats your favorite lime soap? T&H? Trumper? etc...

Which smells the best? Which performs best? etc....

I'm aiming on getting a new soap and i want to try out a lime scented soap.

Any donations would be more than welcome:thumbup:

I'd have a hard time seeing any Lime scent that would beat Charles' "Fresh Lime"

However, it's Glycerin based, so If you want tallow, you have to look somewhere else. Although I have to say, as far as Glycerin soaps go, QED soaps is up way there...

T&H does NOT make a lime soap.

Castle Forbes does not make a lime soap, either.

Both of those companies make a fine lime CREAM, but the OP was asking about lime SOAPS.

The only one I have is Mama Bear's Spicey Lime, and it's a great soap. I have heard great things about Trumper's, but I have never tried it. I have the Trumper's cream, and the scent is nice.

I'd have a hard time seeing any Lime scent that would beat Charles' "Fresh Lime"

However, it's Glycerin based, so If you want tallow, you have to look somewhere else. Although I have to say, as far as Glycerin soaps go, QED soaps is up way there...

QED Lime is wonderful. Heavily scented, it will fill your shave den with limey aroma.

+2 for QED lime. Unbelievable true lime scent (as good as or better than Castle Forbes, imo) and a great shave.

You did say Limes, and in that regard Trumper is probably your best bet. It is a classic for a reason.

But, I settled on AOS Lemon. The scent is not powerful like the Trumper, but it is there in true lemon EO and performance is far superior.

Another citrus, although fragrance synthetic, is Floris JF. Talk about powerful citrus! Performance is incredible, maybe above AOS. Ultimately, I personally like a natural citrus better.

Try them all. I did.

I've tried Trumpers, Castle Forbes and Truefitt & Hill.

IMO Castle Forbes is the best out of all, the scent is magic. Trumpers Lime soap doesn't have as prominent scent as Castle Forbes, or the Trumers cream for that matter, however the scent is very clean and the performance is superb.

Its a very soft soap...I don't use creams! :biggrin1:

Well, the guys on the Shaving Cream subforum claim it as a cream.

I guess it must really be a good product: the soap fans say it's a soap and the cream fans say it's a cream! :lol:

I've used it, though, and as much as I hate to tell you this, CF Lime is a hard cream, not a soft soap.

I have Mama Bear's Spicey Lime which is my current favorite. SCS used to have a Cool Lime which I am almost @ the end of. From looking @ the posts though, it looks like I'll be buying(RESISTANCE IS FUTILE! ) the Castle Forbes and QED versions before summer.

marty

Top Bottom