What's new

C.O. Bigelow Barber Elixir Black

can anyone post the actuall ingredients of it . I looked on bath and body works all it says is Aloe Vera (0.1%), Vitamin E (0.1%) . Im lost wers the whitch hazel and the alchool ....etc ?

Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water
Cetearyl Alcohol
Benzyl Alcohol

The ingredient list is huge, and I'm not going to even try to type it, but besides those listed above, there are a ton of "yl's" and "ol's" in this stuff.

I wore some today, and it's a definite winner as a winter scent. Great longevity: I put it on at 5:30 this morning and I am still catching the occasional whiff of it 15 hours later! Refined and tasteful with only moderate sillage, this would be a good office scent, but IMO it's a bit heavy for the warmer months.

I've been thinking about picking up a bottle myself. Has a great scent but that lack of a complete ingredient list is a bit scary.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua, EA), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium PCA, Allantoin, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Chlorphenesin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Disodium EDTA, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Butylphenyl Methlypropional, Citral, Citronellol, Courmarin, Limonene, Eugenol, Geraniol, Linalool.

I don't know what any of this means, but it works and smells good!

I smelled them all (as did my SWMBO) and we both agreed on the Blue Elixir. You know how sometimes something that you think you like grows old quickly? That has NOT happened with the Blue. Love it!

I have the Black, Red and Green. The only difference I can detect is the scent. They all have the same moisturizing and soothing effect as far as I can tell, and the scent only lasts about an hour in all of them. Not my favorite line of balms, but not bad by any means. I prefer Brut ASB and Nivea ASV over all of the Bath and Body works balms I have tried so far, but I still want to try the Bay Rum. (Heck, I want to try everything)

Jeff

Ingredients: Water (Aqua, EA), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium PCA, Allantoin, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Chlorphenesin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Disodium EDTA, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Butylphenyl Methlypropional, Citral, Citronellol, Courmarin, Limonene, Eugenol, Geraniol, Linalool.

Most of the stuff in this shows up in many aftershaves. Although, polymethyl methacrylate is a weird ingredient. It is typically a "glass" at room temperature, though soluble in probably all of the solvents in this AS. I don't know of any other aftershaves with that in it.

According to Wiki, polymethyl methacrylate is Plexiglas. Kinda scary. But I have this stuff in the red and black as well and it works well for me.

How long did that take?

Top Bottom