What's new

Indonesion Gillette Goals ( and Bali Shaveologue )

Selamat Malan B&B brethren.

No recent posts for the past weeks because I’ve been “stuck” in Bali. Sorry guys, hard job but I’ll take one for the team. :tongue_sm

Before B&B I would have taken my rechargeable electric, no AC cable and probably shaved maybe once or twice a week just to keep the irritating stubble down in the heat. Now I’m shaving every day still. :laugh:

Here’s my “mini” travel shave den:
proxy.php

Union Cutlery Oleander
1959 Fatboy
Astra Blades
Omega 21047 Mixed Bristle Brush
Gaia Aftershave Balm
Styptic Pencil ( just in case ).
Filly strop.

So looking around the shops, here’s the DE blades available in Bali. The Indonesian imported Gillette Goals, manufactured in Shanghai. They’re actually pretty hard to find, I’ve seen them in the Makro Supermarket and in a couple of the smaller “grocery” shops around the place. All the rest of the shops just have Gillette DE cartridges. From the small grocery shops 10,000 rupiah (about $1.20AU) a pack of 5 ( couldn’t be stuffed haggling and bought 6 packets , if I didn’t like them I’d just PIF them off :tongue_sm )

Nice ecologically sound packaging:
Cardboard box
proxy.php

Unfolds into a hanger
proxy.php

The blades are individually wrapped, note the advertisement for the Goal II Cartridge on the inside of the wrapper.
proxy.php

Been straight shaving for practice over the last weeks but loaded one into the Fatboy ( set at 5 ) this morning and surprisingly they’re not too bad at all. My “tell” of a good blade is an upward ATG on the upper lip and had no problems.

I had a facial this morning :laugh: and I could tell there was no stubble left as there was no catching of the facial wash clothes .

I’ve been to Bali 3 times before and have never had any interest in all the Bali carvings and trinkets but now find myself thinking “ I wonder if that’d make a good blade case/soap bowl/razor holder”.

Haven’t bought anything yet though, just “looking...looking”

Be good folks, Selamat Datang !!!!!

Last edited:
Quick update, you'll notice that the blades I found are "Stainless" , I've just found Gillette Goal Platinums as well....

More information to follow.

The Indonesian imported Gillette Goals, manufactured in Shanghai. loaded one into the Fatboy ( set at 5 ) this morning and surprisingly they’re not too bad at all. My “tell” of a good blade is an upward ATG on the upper lip and had no problems.

I had a facial this morning :laugh: and I could tell there was no stubble left as there was no catching of the facial wash clothes .

They look like the Rubie made by Gillette Shanghai / Flying Eagle. The wrapper is very similar. The Rubie is a nice blade.

Quick update while I remember and while I've got a bit of time left on my prepaid internet..........

Leaving tonight :glare:

There doesn't seem to be any local shaving creams/soaps here, just Gillette goop ! :bored:

There's a Body Shop in the Bali Galleria and also the Discovery Mall. The jar of Maca cream's about $14 AU so heaps cheaper than back home ( $24.95AU )

There's also a La Occitane in the Discovery Mall, but the prices ain't any cheaper.

Oh and the Goal Platinums are 8560 rupiah ( around $1AU ) a pack of 6 ( 5+1 ) in the Makro, but you've gotta buy the whole 20 pack hanging sheet.

Ended up just buying 6 packs of the Stainless and 6 packs of the Platinums.

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom