What's new

Potential Nickel allergy- need nickel free belt buckle and a belt that will take it?

Yeah, I might have a nickel allergy and would like to know if anyone does belt buckles in titanium, pure aluminum, etc.
Thanks!

If you are getting a circular itchy rash on your lower stomach it could very well be a nickel allergy. Keep in mind that in addition to the belt buckle, the metal fastener on the front of your pants might also have nickel and be contributing as well. I do know that levi 501 are nickel free.

Get yourself tested by a dermatologist to be sure that you have a nickel allergy. If you do, he/she can tell you how severe it is. Most stainless steel contains 10% nickel. Even titanium usually has a small percentage of nickel. This won't affect you if your allergy is not severe.
Hypo-allergenic is also not a guarantee. It just means a diminished content of potentiall allergens. You would have to get a guarantee of 100% nickel free if your allergy is severe.

I assume that you're looking for a silver colored belt buckle. Otherwise brass or gold-plated would work. Belt buckles are available in stainless steel and titanium.

Although not the classiest of materials, there are lots of chrome-plated zinc alloy buckles available.

- Peter

Top Bottom