What's new

Jos A Bank suits?

I am not sure about the quality, but as for the look, 90% of it comes from how well you get it tailored.

I wouln't recommend giving them your contact info/phone number. I bought a couple of suits, and they felt compelled to call me every time they were planning to have a sale. They didn't respond to courteous request to remove me from their calling list. I had to get rude.

I wouln't recommend giving them your contact info/phone number. I bought a couple of suits, and they felt compelled to call me every time they were planning to have a sale. They didn't respond to courteous request to remove me from their calling list. I had to get rude.

Boy is that right. I know a guy who signed up on their calling list. He'd get a call nearly every day of the week. I hate how they incessantly ask me if I want to sign up on their e-mail list.

I bought one about a month and a half ago.

I picked it but sadly didn't notice until I got it how that the jacket had not been altered in any way. The sleeves were still wrong and no other tweaks had been made. To their credit, the pants alterations were done exactly as they should have.

I took it back. Aside from not wanting to wait for it to be done all over again having a chance to get a really good look at it I didn't like the fit and amount of shoulder padding. Had it been altered correctly I don't know that I would have taken it back for this, but it factored into my choice to return rather then have it corrected. The staff were quite helpful with the return and I received back the full price of the suit plus the cost of alterations of both the jacket and pants.

I can see myself buying more pants there and their shirts were very nice, but I don't know about the suits. The shoulder padding especially through me off once I really got a chance to look at myself in it.

Also not sure if this was just an oddity or what, but that suit generated enough static to power my house. It sucked up every bit of lint and cat hair in my house, even through the suit bag. Granted it was a darker navy, but I own plenty of charcoal and darker colored clothing, this was strait up static attracting it. I could literally pull a piece of cat here from it and let go several inches away just to watch it fly right back to the suit.

I have wanted a suit for a long time so I could go to interviews looking better going to weddings etc. first off I'm a big guy. I'm 6'2" and wear a 60 R jacket 56x32 pant. I have researched the following places:

Brooks Brothers ($1,000 MTM)
Men's Wearhouse ($500 and up plus cost of tailoring)
JC Penny's
Jos A. Bank ($600 plus tailoring) plus weekly deals
Dillard's ($1,000 MTM, twice yearly sale)

After talking with a very best friend of mine, he suggested Jos A. Bank since they have so many sales each week or so.

What are the advantages of buying from a place like Jos A. Banks (buy one get three free)

Vs.

Buying one good suit from Brooks Brothers or Dillard's?

What would you all recommend I do? And which line of suits would you suggest and why?

Also, what colors of suits should I look at? Patterns? Thread count?

Best,
Jerry

Get at least a signature or Joseph. Traveler's collection are on par with men's warehouse. Dont bother with anything below that. Unfortunately some of the store have really bad management and staff, others are great. I also suggest going with an outside tailor, your times will be faster and better work. If you're skinny go with a Joseph slim fit. They're good quality and pretty slim, I'm 6' 130 lbs and they fit me off the rack aside from sleeves and pant waist (I wear a 29-30"). Full disclosure I work at a JAB in Columbia MO

That is a big no no for the company. We're only supposed to call if there is something pertaining to the customer (catalog orders, or tailoring) or on request (if asked please call if there is X deal going on). I'd ask for the Regional sales directors number and give them a call.

I have wanted a suit for a long time so I could go to interviews looking better going to weddings etc. first off I'm a big guy. I'm 6'2" and wear a 60 R jacket 56x32 pant. I have researched the following places:

Brooks Brothers ($1,000 MTM)
Men's Wearhouse ($500 and up plus cost of tailoring)
JC Penny's
Jos A. Bank ($600 plus tailoring) plus weekly deals
Dillard's ($1,000 MTM, twice yearly sale)

After talking with a very best friend of mine, he suggested Jos A. Bank since they have so many sales each week or so.

What are the advantages of buying from a place like Jos A. Banks (buy one get three free)

Vs.

Buying one good suit from Brooks Brothers or Dillard's?

What would you all recommend I do? And which line of suits would you suggest and why?

Also, what colors of suits should I look at? Patterns? Thread count?

Best,
Jerry

Be careful - Joseph A Banks defines a 'suit' as a certain sized jackets with a certain sized pair of pants, you can't mix and match.
Unless you can fit into their pre-defined mold you can't take advantage of their suit sales. You need to buy 'suit separates', which are rarely as good a deal.
http://www.josbank.com/menswear/sho...logId=10050&storeId=11001&langId=-1#suitscale

Anyways, for your size have you considered the Big and Tall stores? They'd be more likely to have stuff off the rack that would fit you.
http://www.bigandtall.com/

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Dennis:
JAB is the place where I buy all my suits. I like the good workmanship, quality, fit, customer service and of course.....the specials, for example, 2 years ago for X-mas the Mrs. got my a 100% Cashmere Overcoat w/ silk Scarf for $175US...great deal & special. :thumbup:

attachment.php
"Let them see you and not the suit. That should be secondary". Cary Grant

Top Bottom