What's new

Handle preferences

I find that I prefer either long brush handles that I can brace against my palm, or short ones that only accommodate my fingertips. Hence, my brush collection is pretty funny looking with either tall or tiny brushes. What's your favorite handle style?

My brush has a short ashwood handle. It was important to me to buy a brush with a real/organic handle, I don't care how realistic faux horn or ivory looks or feels. Sometimes the lather spills onto the handle (usually a sign that it's too wet) but it's rarely more than a minor inconvenience. If I couldn't stand a little lather on the hand, I wouldn't wetshave! I'm sure a longer handle would feel nice and be a bit less sloppy but I quite like the look of a short, stout brush on the shelf.

My brushes have short to middlin' handles. I don't have anything long like some of the Penworks brushes or an Emillion.

-Andy

I haven't found a handle longer than 50mm that I find really comfortable. I have a few brushes shorter than that I like. My favorite is a Rooney 3/1.

- Peter

My longest handle is my B&B LE'08, and my shortest is my Simpsons CH2. Not that much difference, I guess. I know that anything taller than a Roooney Emillion would be too tall, and that I tried a Rooney 1-1 and a Simpsons CH1 and they were both too short/small for my hands.

Thinking I would like longer handles, I got myself a Simpson Emperor 3. Sure enough, I said then I would not need to buy another brush and quickly sold a Chubby 1 and a Duke 2 I had.

BAD crept up on me thou and all of a sudden I have found myself with a small collection of medium sized handles that induce fingertip use because of their shape. My E3 is still my shavepocalipse brush and my workhorse, but I do like to use my other brushes more than I thought I would.

Omega 31064. Very heavy. Looks are...non-traditional, but I like them.

Also really like the handle on my 1/2. Always liekd the stubby handles but am looking at an Emperor. These nevr really appealled to me before but I find myself really wanting one.

Top Bottom