What's new

Glad to know you

Greetings gentlemen. My name is Hampton, and I'm new to the forum, though I've been lurking on and off for some time. I hail from the Great State of North Carolina, where I practice law in the same small town where I was reared. I've been married to my high school sweetheart for nearly ten years and we have a little boy who is a year-and-a-half old.

I've been shaving with shaving soap and a brush for several years, but I've just decided to step into the world of true wet shaving. I have a Merkur HD on order and I'm looking forward to its delivery in a few days.

When I'm not spending time with my family, practicing law, or shaving, I enjoy fly fishing; college football; reading about politics, history or southern culture; enjoying a glass of fine bourbon; or giving my retrievers a rub behind the ears.

I look forward to getting to know many of you and exchanging ideas about shaving as well as other matters.

Welcome to B and B!!! Great choice in razor!!! I am also a dog lover and enjoy bourbon as well. You sound like a truly great American.

Bill, I have a yellow lab myself. He'll be six in June and he's the best...he and my 18 mo. old little boy get on like peas and carrots. I also have a golden Retriever who is about ten years old.

Thanks Spivey. Congratulations on the National Championship for your Crimson Tide. I'm not a 'Bama alum or a fan, per se, but I have a tremendous amount of respect for Coach Bryant and usually pull for y'all if you're not playing one of my alma maters from the ACC.

Thanks Spivey. Congratulations on the National Championship for your Crimson Tide. I'm not a 'Bama alum or a fan, per se, but I have a tremendous amount of respect for Coach Bryant and usually pull for y'all if you're not playing one of my alma maters from the ACC.

:thumbup:ROLL TIDE ROLL!:thumbup:

Welcome, I'll toast you tonight with my Bushmill night cap; enjoy the boy while you can, they turn on you around age 15. I gave up on dogs, I almost grieve myself to death when they die. I hope you will find that wet shaving is a slower, quality, rewarding experience that should reinforce our need to enjoy life and not just endure it
cheers,
ken

Top Bottom