Acquisitions January 25 - January 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see those scores, gents. :thumbup1:

Received Saturday, finally opened a few minutes ago:

proxy.php

Last edited:
Have you tried that yet? I see those on ebay and often wonder about them

No, and I don't intend to. Blades have come a long way, and are cheap enough, that I'm more comfortable throwing blades away than trying to stretch them a few extra shaves with a safety hone. I bought it more as a curiosity than anything else. :001_smile

The last of these, fruit of my first wave of AD (more on the way) arrived today, so I figured I might as well show them off.:biggrin1:

There's more stuff (soaps, creams, scuttle, AS, etc) but I'm too lazy to photograph everything.

Sorry about the crappy Iphone pics.

BTW, I just looked at a FB-Slim comparison thread in the DE forum. It turns out the Slim you see was sold to me as a Fatboy on ebay.
Newbie buyers beware!

Last edited:
Yesterday was another 7oz bottle of AV Blue from Walmart and last night i ordered 300 IP Reds and 100 Crystals from the bay.

DL

My new Semogue 1305 brush just arrived, and I used it for the first time today. I got it from Shaving Essentials (www.shavingessentials.biz) for a very good price ($18 plus shipping). They even threw in a few samples. A first-rate vendor!

Mike

Box on the front porch when I came home today from Charles at QED. Took advantage of his customer appreciation sale and stocked up on my favorite T&H shave cream, plus a few extra items;

T&H Rose
T&H West Indian Limes
T&H Trafalgar
Castle Forbes Lavender
QEDman Shave Soap Pine&Cedarwood
Tabac Deodorant Stick
Savile Row brush stand medium size

Absolutely shot the lights out with this one. An Australia Day winner for sure.

Pretty poor picture on the listing for 5 retro stainless steel razors.http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=130357897577

Saw three techs, a Fatboy and maybe a diamond in the top right.

Got the razors yesterday. Seller sent four techs (nice touch) a G2 Fatboy in B&B 'Very Good' condition (after a clean up) and the diamond? Well it is a Gillette #22 in 'Near Mint' condition. All for $46 shipped is a pretty good deal:thumbup1:

My amateurish photos don't do this baby justice as it shines like a mirror. Shaved with it today and it's pretty much like my HD Rockets and #58 but it shades them in the beauty department.

Another Autralia Day score. I sent a bloke on eBay a question about the razor he had for sale. He answered my question and asked me if I wanted to make an offer on it so I did and now I'm the owner of this.

proxy.php

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Silver Fisher 13/16 Straight Razor arrived today. It deserves a few pictures but Im on my iPhone and away from the digicam. This beauty is all quality. The fit and finish is like that of a Puma if not slightly better. I'm very pleased with this excellent blade. Thanks TB

Good two days for me.

- Nancy Boy Signiture Shave Suite(I haven't scene it yet, but my finance texted me that it arrived)
- AOS Sandlewood Soap
- AOS Pre-Shave Oil (non scented)
- AOS Aftershave (non scented)
- TOBS Sample pack
- Trumper Sample pack

I will try and get some pictures of the Nancy Boy Shave Suite posted this evening and some feed back on the travel case.

I found this in a local Goodwill store. It still had the styrofoam in the box. The soap smells strong and good. I don't think the brush came with it; I'm not sure what kind of brush it is. It is missing the aftershave. I checked another website and it seems the kit was manufactured in 1978.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom