What's new

Going to be in Amsterdam and Barcelona - AD help

I'm going to have a few days in Barcelona and Amsterdam. In the spirit of feeding the the acquisition disorders, can folks recommend places to go and stuff to buy?

I'm thinking some La Toja and Floid and such. Will I be able to find this in drug stores or is it more of a search and destroy mission? Is there other stuff I should be looking for too?

Thanks in advance...

Tabac shave sticks can be found in lots of drug stores in Amsterdam. You also might want to try our local shaving soap, De Vergulde Hand.

If you know some locals, do some poking around (and are extremely lucky) you might be able to find some NOS Filarmonica straight razors around Barcelona.

In Spain - La Toja, Spanish Floid, Vie-Long Brushes, Lea - just about everything you find will be better priced than getting it here in North America. So I say stock up, bring home a case and sell, sell, sell!

B

Belafon

I'm going to have a few days in Barcelona and Amsterdam. In the spirit of feeding the the acquisition disorders, can folks recommend places to go and stuff to buy?

I'm thinking some La Toja and Floid and such. Will I be able to find this in drug stores or is it more of a search and destroy mission? Is there other stuff I should be looking for too?

Thanks in advance...

La Toja is practically everywhere, you can find it in supermarkets and drugstores as shave stick or cream. Lea and Floid is not as common as La Toja but is also easy to find.

A little list of places:
  • Ganiveteria roca (http://www.ganiveteriaroca.es/). It's a knife shop, probably you find cheaper prices in internet but its an interesting shop to visit. They've got straight and security razors, scuttles, soaps, brushes, etc.
  • El corte ingles. I'ts a chain of stores, probably not the cheapest but they got more stuff than other stores. I remember seeing:
    • Shaving sticks: la toja
    • Cream: La Toja
    • Soap: La toja, omega, proraso, woods of windsor, tabac
    • Brushes: Vie-long
    • Blades: only wilkinson
  • Man personal care (http://www.manpersonalcare.com/). I know they've got shaving stuff but i don't know what.
  • Schlecker. It's chain of supermarkets. It's cheaper than el corte ingles so if you wan't to buy in bulk it's probably better at this place

The two first ones are a sure shot, you can skip the other ones if you don't have a lot of time.

I can't recomend stuff to buy, i've only tried la toja cream and proraso soap.

La Toja is practically everywhere, you can find it in supermarkets and drugstores as shave stick or cream. Lea and Floid is not as common as La Toja but is also easy to find.

A little list of places:
  • Ganiveteria roca (http://www.ganiveteriaroca.es/). It's a knife shop, probably you find cheaper prices in internet but its an interesting shop to visit. They've got straight and security razors, scuttles, soaps, brushes, etc.
  • El corte ingles. I'ts a chain of stores, probably not the cheapest but they got more stuff than other stores. I remember seeing:
  • Man personal care (http://www.manpersonalcare.com/). I know they've got shaving stuff but i don't know what.
  • Schlecker. It's chain of supermarkets. It's cheaper than el corte ingles so if you wan't to buy in bulk it's probably better at this place

The two first ones are a sure shot, you can skip the other ones if you don't have a lot of time.

Thanks very much for this... the first and second are close to our hotel (google maps is my friend), easily within walking distance. Schecker is a little further, but doable.

Can't wait to get my hands on some La Toja.

El Corte Ingles!!!

I haven't thought about that place in over 10 or more years... I spent a couple months during the winter backpacking through some parts of Europe. I spent several weeks in Spain and am quite familiar with this market. I lived off that place.

Good times.

A little list of places:

Have fun! It's super cold in Amsterdam right now, but I'm sure you will find plenty of coffee shops to warm up in. :tongue_sm

Thanks in advance...

Hey all... quick shout out from Barcelona. We just got in after the last four days in Amsterdam (not that you can really do it in 4 days).

Lots of canal walking, visiting with some family and general hanging out. I already miss the patates frites and bitterballen.

On the AD front, stick and pucks of De Vergulde Hand, a couple of Palmolive creams, Williams cream, L´home Durance, Palmolive sticks.

We´re only here for a day and a half, so looking forward to Sagrada Familia tomorrow and hopefully Parc Gruell too. Then the Bocqueria Market either tomorrow or Friday. MBW has been ever so graciously indulging my nosing into each farmacia that we walk by. ;)

Gavinateria and el Cortes Ingles...here I come :D

I'll be in Amsterdam for a week-end in May.
do you remember where you found the Palmolive and DVH sticks ?

thanks

Hello,

Palmolive is in almost every C1000 supermarket.
DVH also, creams as well as soaps and often sticks.

Don't forget to visit Skins.nl in the Runstraat for great scents!
:thumbup::thumbup:

Wim
Amsterdam

Top Bottom