What's new

3 weeks on.

Hello to everyone,

I have just signed up, but have been reading the forum for a while. I have purchased the follwoing, and ben using them for aorund 3 weeks now.

1 HD 34c Safety Razor Chrome
1 Derby Extra Razor Blades
1 Black Badger Shaving Brush Tortoise
1 Lemon Lime Shaving Cream - Taylor of Old Bond Street
1 Alum Block

are there any extras you would suggest i buy to add to my basic set up?

Last edited:
Oh and too ad my method is pretty identical to the 10min shave video mantic59 did on youtube.

I do though when i finish find the odd bits that aren't quite as smooth as i wanted them too be, but i go back over them anyway.

A good pre shave product would be good, also what should i be doing after my shave after i have rubbed the alum block over with cold water?

Welcome! All I can think of is a good and aftershave or balm either unscented or in the scent you like. If you are doing all right, you can move on and fine tune things to your taste with things like blades, razors, soaps/creams ..... ) Have fun!

Welcome! I don't use the alum, but blot my face with cold, wet towel immediately after shaving, them apply the balm. Works great and instantly kills burn if any. Leaves face feeling healthy. Currently use C.O.Bigalow from Bath and Body Works. AOS works well also, but more $. Veterans will give great variations, probably better than my novice method. In the end, you will find out what works for you. Larry

When would I put an aftershave on? After alum? When would I put a moisturisor on?

I only use a alum block if i nick myself ,find it dried my skin too much if i used it all over so i wouldn't need to use aftershave after using an alum block it would kill my skin but ymmv.If i were you and you are going to use aftershave i would put it on after i had used the alum block.
I use aftershave balm by TH ,balms are a bit kinder to the skin

Okay I will try and find myself an aftershave or balm to use when I don't use the alum. Would I put moisterisor on after either alum or balm or not?

Okay I will try and find myself an aftershave or balm to use when I don't use the alum. Would I put moisterisor on after either alum or balm or not?

I may put on a moisturiser after i have put on aftershave balm but that for me would be hours later ,maybe before i go to bed , you shouldn't need to use a moisturiser for a good while after you use an asb but that may depend on the products you are using and also ymmv.

Top Bottom