What's new

replating services ?

On the shopping mall forum there is an extended post discussing the idea of getting a razor replated. They were discussing Platinum-inium or Unobtainium or however it's spelled. haha

A number of people have mentioned that some members of FPN do this for a price.

Who are these people? I would be interested in having this done to a slim adjustable that works well, but is cosmetically-challenged.

Thanks for any suggestions Tom

On the shopping mall forum there is an extended post discussing the idea of getting a razor replated. They were discussing Platinum-inium or Unobtainium or however it's spelled. haha

A number of people have mentioned that some members of FPN do this for a price.

Who are these people? I would be interested in having this done to a slim adjustable that works well, but is cosmetically-challenged.

Thanks for any suggestions Tom

Let us know how this works out? I may need to have a couple razors re-plated soon.

I wrote to both buddydog and onotoman. Neither one does Rhodinium plating.

So I'm considering getting the slim adjustable replated in nickel.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I wrote to both buddydog and onotoman. Neither one does Rhodinium plating.

So I'm considering getting the slim adjustable replated in nickel.

Nickel holds up much better, is not as expensive and when shined up looks nearly as good (in my opinion).

I've been looking for a custom plating service here in NYC, but haven't had much luck... I've welded several brush/razor stands from untreated steel and would like to protect them from rust. Gotta keep on looking or start bugging B&B members, I guess. :)

You might check with e sinker since he obviously had a source for his rhodium Fatboy. Maybe he can connect you with the person that did the actual plating. You might also check with Cooncatbob. I briefly had my hands on a New DeLuxe head he replated in nickel.

Top Bottom