What's new

Brick & Mortar

Hi -

I am currently in Chicago and have had the opportunity to visit two brick and mortar stores. I wanted to share some thoughts -

About a year ago I started to use a brush and cream along with a DE. I have tried a number of razors vintage and new. Of course I have had to buy a number of shaving creams. But I have been using the one brush I had (along with a travel brush) for a year. I was ready to buy a new brush and develop shaving brush "AD" :blushing:

Anyway I had planned on spending more money on a new brush than my old brush but with the number of brushes out there I was just plain nervous about forking out the dosh for something I had not had my hands on.

Well - I put out a request and found a couple of places here in Chicago that carried (for me) a lot of brushes, creams, soaps, razors, etc. It gave me the opportunity to put my hands on and smell the various soaps.

For me, this was a HUGE advantage in making a purchase (well really several). I ended up with a Kent and a T&H brush and with my really quick evaluation I really like the T&H brush (silver tip large ivory horn)

With the 3 brushes (plus a travel) I don't think I'll have to buy another for years.

I also got a chance to smell various shaving creams and picked the Trumper's Coconut oil and the Truefitt & Hill West Indian Lime.

Here is the real point of my post - "IF" you get a chance to visit a brick and mortar shop I would strongly advise you to do so. You don't have to buy - you very well may get a better deal on line. I am sure I would have - but I had no self-control and the AD kicked in and the cash went out. Even though I paid a premium for the items, I am confident I saved money, because I would have purchased some things on line to "try" and would not have been satisfied. This way I had hands on and I know what I want to buy next time - so I can shop a bit and look for the better price.

Here is the real point of my post - "IF" you get a chance to visit a brick and mortar shop I would strongly advise you to do so.

I couldn't agree more. As much as I love shopping online, being able to hold, smell, feel, and touch...makes a huge difference to me.

I agree also.There is a difference between looking at a picture of a item and holding the same item.By the way does anyone know of a B&M store in Omaha,NE ?

Looking is good, touching is usually better:001_rolle

T&H West Indian Lime is my high end cream choice, also. Enjoy it!

Top Bottom