What's new

Feather Artist Club -- DX vs. RG

I am pondering the idea of getting a Feather Artist Club to trim the edges of my goatee.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the Artist Club DX vs. the Artist Club RG?

Yes, I owned both.
The RG's blade (holder) is made out of cast brass, plated with a stainless steel-like metal.
The DX blade(holder) is machined out of stainless steel and comes with a brushed finish which is a little smoother than the RG's.
The handles of either come in your choice teak wood, cocbolo, ebony wood or plastic resin.
The RG usually costs about a 100.00 and the DX cost about 250.00
Both can use any of the three types of Feather bades offered, The wire guarded ProGuards, the regular Professional or the slight wider and longer Professional Super.
Both razors , with a little practice and an open attitude, will give absolutely superb shaves. Shavewise, I could tell no significant difference between them, except that the finish on the DX cleans up a little easier after the shave.

In fact I would go so far as to say, the very best shaves I have ever had came from the Feather Artist club. This includes over 10 years of DE shaving, with many razor/blade combos, 1 year of traditional straight, which I enjoy very much, and a dozen or so professional barber straight razor shaves.
I bought the RG first and liked it immediately. Within several weeks I traded it to a fine BB member( Thank you Yohann :001_smile) for a lovely Rhodium British Rocket (I still enjoy DE shaving).
I bit the bullet and did what Feather wants every shaver to do and bought the DX, with ebony handles.
I knew that this was going to be my go to razor from now on, and I wanted the more aesthetically pleasing one(It also wipes cleaner)

I have found that I get a much more comfortable, irritation free shave with the Professional Super blades, I have never tried the ones with the wire guards.
All in all, I think that the Feather Artist club is the best shaving system, for me anyhow that is available today

Last edited:
Yes, I owned both.
The RG's blade (holder) is made out of cast brass, plated with a stainless steel-like metal.
The DX blade(holder) is machined out of stainless steel and comes with a brushed finish which is a little smoother than the RG's.
The handles of either come in your choice teak wood, cocbolo, ebony wood or plastic resin.
The RG usually costs about a 100.00 and the DX cost about 250.00
Both can use any of the three types of Feather bades offered, The wire guarded ProGuards, the regular Professional or the slight wider and longer Professional Super.
Both razors , with a little practice and an open attitude, will give absolutely superb shaves. Shavewise, I could tell no significant difference between them, except that the finish on the DX cleans up a little easier after the shave.

In fact I would go so far as to say, the very best shaves I have ever had came from the Feather Artist club. This includes over 10 years of DE shaving, with many razor/blade combos, 1 year of traditional straight, which I enjoy very much, and a dozen or so professional barber straight razor shaves.
I bought the RG first and liked it immediately. Within several weeks I traded it to a fine BB member( Thank you Yohann :001_smile) for a lovely Rhodium British Rocket (I still enjoy DE shaving).
I bit the bullet and did what Feather wants every shaver to do and bought the DX, with ebony handles.
I knew that this was going to be my go to razor from now on, and I wanted the more aesthetically pleasing one(It also wipes cleaner)

I have found that I get a much more comfortable, irritation free shave with the Professional Super blades, I have never tried the ones with the wire guards.
All in all, I think that the Feather Artist club is the best shaving system, for me anyhow that is available today

Very helpful Shyrlock. I very much appreciate it. :001_005:

Top Bottom