What's new

What fragrances would "Woody Allen" wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've really been enjoying these on Friday afternoons! so i'll pose another...

Allen has been making quirky movies for years, writes and directs, has tons of awards and nominations, seriously critically acclaimed. Personal life aside, he's added a lot to American art, and always in his own unique style and charm.

What would this odd ball New Yorker wear?

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

No Woody Allen love?

this is the dude that made Annie Hall and Match Point and about a movie a year for the last 50 years.

Last edited:
Honestly, I can't see him wearing anything. As funny as he is, he's very guarded & cerebral. He strikes me as someone who'd probably be very uncomfortable wearing cologne.

No Woody Allen love?

this is the dude that made Annie Hall and Match Point and about a movie a year for the last 50 years.

Don't get me wrong, I really dig his work. But, I had to be honest. The first thing(s) that came to mind were things not appropriate for civilized discourse.

I would like to make a few suggestions but they would not be gentlemen like in nature.

Yeah he made some good movies but now just looking at a picture of him make me want to...:mad3:

For the saying, "Trust the art not the artist." fine with me but I'll be damn if I'm going to spend my money and buy a movie ticket for that (self-censored).:glare:

Honestly, I can't see him wearing anything. As funny as he is, he's very guarded & cerebral. He strikes me as someone who'd probably be very uncomfortable wearing cologne.

I can fully see this being truth, however being that he considers himself an intelectual i can also imagine that he would pride himself on a cologne of his choice.

Don't get me wrong, I really dig his work. But, I had to be honest. The first thing(s) that came to mind were things not appropriate for civilized discourse.

I hear you, and i know that most folks don't think high brow art when they hear the name, but honestly i've never had a bad impression as i don't really consider the dude's personal life part of his art.

PS. I love Bad Religion, nice signature :biggrin:

I was once a big fan of Woody's. Now his movies seem like glimpses into a brain of a whiny guy with issues. Not an interesting place to be. I have tired to avoid the personal stuff and just consider the film, but his films to me have not worn well.

I saw Annie Hall a while back. I used to enjoy that movie a lot. It just seemed tired.

Fragrance for Woody? Arden Men. It was popular in the 50's.

His observation that 90% of life is just showing up seems to ring true, though.

Yeah, but seeing dude trying to pick one would be LULZ.
I'll make him a bespoke that smells like half-sours, mustard, and caraway.
Call it King Kvetch.

Tea Leoni (David Duchovny's wife) was on one of the Late Night shows several years back, talking about a movie she did with Woody Allen. There was a scene in which she had to kiss him. A friend of hers -- I forget which, maybe Helen Hunt? -- had also done a movie with him and told her it would be enjoyable, because "he smelled like spring lilies," or something to that effect. The audience and the host laughed, and then Leoni said, "But she was right! She was right! He smells just like a spring meadow or something!"

So with that in mind...um, maybe he would wear English Fern? D. R. Harris Arlington? He is a fan of London, after all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom