What's new

My first shave with TOBS

Yesterday I received 3 tubs of TOBS creams (Sandalwood, Avacado, and Almond).

I shaved with the Sandalwood this morning and I must say it smelled great and lathered like a dream. Am I going to quit soaps for creams? Nah. However I can still smell the Sandalwood over the Pinaud Clubman and I'm a believer.

Can anyone recommend anymore scents?

I like the Eton College. It's not a heavy scent but a nice one to shave with. St. James is good and a lot of people speak very highly of Mr. Taylor and Shave Shop.

I've only tried Eton College and I have to say the scent is addicting! It's what I think the classic barbershop cream should smell and feel like, and it gives an amazing shave.

Just had my first TOBS shave this morning with Eton College. I have to admit that the cream's scent and performance are every bit as good as my beloved Grafton.:badger:

Must....get....Eton ASB.

What type of scent is Mr. Taylor?

I smelled a tub of it yesterday at Merz and thought that it was a dead ringer for T+H Grafton--classic British barbershop cologne with a woodsy, incense base and some higher notes of bitter lavender and herbs.

My description of it probably doesn't do it justice, but Grafton is my go to scent--I have the shower soap, shampoo, shave cream, balm and cologne.

I got a tub of Jermyn Street in a trade and it produced the slickest lather I've ever had. I wasn't crazy about the smell and almost didn't use it, but the lather was phenomenal. Funny thing was it was for sensitive skin and something in it bothered my skin.

New to DE shaving but the first TOBS cream I ordered was the Rose and I really like the scent - it reminds me of being in a flower shop. Still working on this batch so have not tried any others.

New to DE shaving but the first TOBS cream I ordered was the Rose and I really like the scent - it reminds me of being in a flower shop. Still working on this batch so have not tried any others.

+1

I like this scent the best from what I have tried. The only one I have left to try is avocado, so who knows. I have heard all the great reviews.

The rose smells like the actual flower is right under your nose.

Top Bottom