What's new

Opinions in Edwin Jagger brushes

G'day. I am considering purchasing an Edwin Jagger best badger brush. I have read the B&B review and it seems like a solid piece of kit. Just wondering if anyone else would like to share an opinion of the brand?

Pete

Last edited:
I own two. One is a silver tip horn handle, it is my favorite small brush. It works great with both creams and soaps. The second is a best badger, also in horn, which I use when I want a brush that is just a bit scrubbier. It works great on harder soaps like MWF. I also like to use the best badger brush when I use shave sticks like Moos or Speick. If you buy one from The English Shaving Company there is a %10 off code for B&B members that can be found at the link below. I have ordered both brushes from them and they shipped very quickly, plus they always include some nice Edwin Jagger samples. Cheers.

Xillion

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128348&highlight=english+shaving+company

Edwin Jagger brush

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a EJ extra large, best badger, in a immitation, horn handle. I decided not to get the silvertip as I read they sometimes get soft and floppy after use. I got the best badger and I am very happy with it. It is soft, but still a little scrubby, like my Omega/Semogue Boars. I don't think you need to spend the extra money for the silvertip. I got the extra large because I wanted a thicker knot/handle combination, similar to a chubby. Of course it's not quite as thick as a chubby and is longer haired, but it has a certain stiffness/softness to it that I really like the feel of. I think they are running about $65.49 plus shipping, from The English Shaving Company. I got mine last fall for around $47 when they were on sale and with EJ paying for the shipping. It is my best brush. I have four boar brushes, with soaps, in rotation during the weekdays. I use the EJ badger on the weekends with creams. I would buy another one. The quality of the handle is superb. As much as I like my boars, if I could only have one brush, it would be the EJ extra large with best badger. If the Extra large is to big, then I would take a look at the large. They are around $50 I think.

I recently acquired an EJBBB for christmas. Mine has a 19mm loft. I can't really compare it to another badger haired brush, but I can with a boar hair.

I didn't know what to expect, but I like how it has worked out so far. At 3.5 inches it's pretty darn small. The hair itself seemed a bit stiff at first, but it got a bit more soft after use. I have found that it makes a much better lather than my boar brush using Proraso. It definitely soaks up much more water than a boar. It isn't a floppy brush. It holds its shape well. For a little over $30 dollars, I certainly can't complain.

I had a Pure and a Best from EJ. Notice the use of past tense. For the money, there probably isn't anything better, but I'm glad I was able to trade for a Rooney because it blows the EJ brushes out of the water in my opinion.

I have the same brush as the pic above but mines in ebony. The brush is great for both creams and soaps. Buy one you won't be disappointed with it.

I have the same brush as the pic above but mines in ebony. The brush is great for both creams and soaps. Buy one you won't be disappointed with it.

For sure! Great little brush. I have the C&E version, in medium (21mm knot?) and it's still outstanding.

For sure! Great little brush. I have the C&E version, in medium (21mm knot?) and it's still outstanding.

I also have the C&E branded BBB. I've used it for about 3 weeks, and have noticed some shedding. A few hairs the first day I used it, and one or two here and there. Probably about 15 - 20 total.

Overall I think the brush is good value for the money.

I also have the C&E branded BBB. I've used it for about 3 weeks, and have noticed some shedding. A few hairs the first day I used it, and one or two here and there. Probably about 15 - 20 total.

Overall I think the brush is good value for the money.

Mine isn't the C&E branded EJBBB, but my experience with shedding was a little different. I lost 2-3 hairs with the first use whipping up some cream. After that it didn't lose anymore until I used it on a puck of soap. It lost only 1 hair when lathering up my soap. So far it hasn't lost any hairs since. 15-20 seems like a fairly large amount to me.

Top Bottom