What's new

What Are You Reading?

Just started Robert Middlekauff's Glorious Cause: the American Revolution, 1763-1789. It is one of the volumes of the "Oxford History of the United States".

There is a very large amount of avid readers on this board, very many of us thirst for knowledge.

What book or books are you reading right now? What are you finding stimulating? What would you recommend to others?

"In Fifty Years We'll All Be Chicks" by Adam Carolla. Hilarious and a must-read for men.

Zombie fallout : P

I wanna read something about WWII next any suggestions? ( I read on my kindle fire)

Last edited:

I wanna read something about WWII next any suggestions? ( I read on my kindle fire)

Link: http://www.amazon.com/An-Army-Dawn-1942-1943-Liberation/dp/0805062882

A most excellent read. I highly recommend it. Most folks want to "go ashore at Normandy" but there's a lot more to World War II than that.

"Fly For Your Life" by Larry Forrester is a worthwhile read. It's an older narrative but apparently still popular enough.

Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fly-Your-Life-Stanford-Fortunes/dp/1841450251

$graceandglory.jpg

Check out this site (Monongahela Books WWII Bookstore):.http://www.scuttlebuttsmallchow.com/ww2books.html

They sell all sorts of WWII books. Not sure how many could be made available for Kindle, but it might be a great source for suggested titles even if you don't buy from them. I can personally recommend "Pearl Harbor: Final Judgement" by Clausen and Lee. Let us know what you select and how you liked (or disliked) it!

Just finished The Fountainhead and started Stephen King's new book in the Dark Tower series. Feels like literary whiplash.

And nearly forgot, also listening to Christopher Hitchens read his memoir Hitch 22 as I drive to/from work. Highly recommend listening to him read it over doing it for yourself. It feels like you're having a private conversation with the Hitch.

Last edited:
The Fight of Our Lives: Knowing the Enemy, Speaking the Truth, and Choosing to Win the War Against Radical Islam by Wm. Bennett and Seth Leibsohn

Drood, by Dan Simmons. About 300 pages into it and so far it is somewhat slow but holding my interest. It seems to be Simmons' take on urban historical fantasy, ala Caleb Carr.

Great series, I've read it twice. Currently reading Cornwell's series about Utred, takes place with Alfred the Great. Good writing and as usual great combat.

Cornwell's Saxon Stories is my favorite series by him. I prefer Uhtred to Derfal from his Arthur series. the Sharpe series is a lot of fun too. I plan on watching the BBC series via Netflix this year.

Anybody else reading the Game of Thrones series by George R. R. Martin? Currently, I am on Book 5, A Dance of Dragons. I really enjoyed the first two or three books. The characters are interesting, but man, the plot has slowed to the pace of a glacier now (and the books get longer and longer). I guess I am just stubborn about finishing things.

Top Bottom