What's new

What Are You Reading?

Finished Words of Radiance just a few minutes ago. Next up, The Gentleman Bastards. Sounds like a fun read!

I fell in love with the Stormlight Archive from the first chapter in The Way of Kings. I'd never heard of Brandon Sanderson until he wrote the final three books of the Wheel of Time, but now I'm constantly looking forward to his next title.

I fell in love with the Stormlight Archive from the first chapter in The Way of Kings. I'd never heard of Brandon Sanderson until he wrote the final three books of the Wheel of Time, but now I'm constantly looking forward to his next title.

Same here, though I've never ventured into the Wheel of Time series. My first of his was actually Steelheart, which really hooked me into his writing. I've consumed pretty much everything he's written to this point save for a couple short stories and Legion. I, too eagerly await whatever he puts out. A new Alcatraz just came out, and some more good stuff is coming down the pipe!

$1978fairblowsthewindhb.jpg

Just finished the latest in the Stanton Brothers series of hardcore British crime novels by Martin Stanley.
I have moved on to Tabloid Circus by Kent Harrington.

If you enjoy it, you should check out the full set of his Sackett series. This is one of the interrelated novels. It's been at least 20 years since I read all of those. I really should read them again sometime.

http://www.louislamour.com/sackett/index.htm

I have to say, I honestly was disappointed by this book. From the title, to the cover, to the excerpts about Fair Blows the Wind, you'd think it was a swashbuckling tale that takes place along the North Carolina coast. Well, about four chapters of the 33 do; the rest takes place in Europe. A better title would be Forest Gump in Elizabethan England.

The Invisible Hook -- The Hidden Economics of Pirates, by Peter T. Leeson.

Arrrgh, it's a good read, matey, if ye be interested in pirates and naval history.

TheMitfords: Letters Between Six Sisters
by Charlotte Mosley

The Mitford sisters were the great wits and beauties oftheir time. Immoderate in their passions for ideas and people, they countedamong their diverse friends Adolf Hitler, Queen Elizabeth II, President Kennedy and Evelyn Waugh.

The last book I sat down and read to finish was "Lazarus, Man" and that was four months ago. After seeing this thread I need to got back to reading. Why not I don't watch TV.

I'm on the second omnibus of Kearney's Monarchies of God. I'm on the equivalent of book 5. A good series, fantasy with gunpowder, lots of battles, some darkness, etc. I'm enjoying it, can't wait to see how it ends.

Top Bottom