What's new

What Are You Reading?

The Singing Sword by Jack Whyte.
Re reading the Camulod Chronicles series, I read it a few years ago and loved it.
Just picked up Honour and the Sword by A.L. Berridge.

I read his Camulod series when they came out. Unfortunately, I loaned the first few books out and never got them back. That's delayed a reread for me.

Speaking of bittersweet stories, anyone a fan of Stephen King's Tower series? The first three are some of my favorite books, and a few of the later ones aren't bad.

Speaking of bittersweet stories, anyone a fan of Stephen King's Tower series? The first three are some of my favorite books, and a few of the later ones aren't bad.
I read through book 6 a couple of years ago. I want to go back read from start to finish. The cool thing about the series is that it ties into some of his other books in various ways.

I read through book 6 a couple of years ago. I want to go back read from start to finish. The cool thing about the series is that it ties into some of his other books in various ways.

So you're just missing the 7th (ending) book in the series. Most, but not all King books seem to fit into the Dark Tower multiverse, although usually not in any plot significant way, it's still cool to read the references.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Finally finished "The Iliad" (it wasn't a tough read; I just didn't read as often as I should've), so now I'm moving on to "The Fall of Troy" (Posthomerica) by Quintus Smyrnaeus.

I finished The Rithmatist. Very good book, hard to put down. Sanderson is more into the epic length fantasy, but I think his work really shines at a more standard length. This was technically a YA novel, but aside from the younger characters and their age related struggles it was still quite complex and well written. Neat, neat world, and I can't wait to see where the series goes!

I picked up I Must Say, a memoir by Martin Short, read by Martin Short. Fantastic so far, and having him read it is just awesome. I always liked him growing up, Three Amigos, Innerspace and even reruns of SCTV. Super nice and talented guy who's really risen above a lot of personal pain in his life and kept a smile on his and many others faces.

I'm struggling through The Golem and the Jinni right now. I'm about a quarter through. The concept is interesting, but the first quarter of the book has been extremely slow.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Tried once last time a Kay Scarpetta novel, Depraved Heart. Found it was indeed entrails, but tripe rather than heart. Gave up at page 100, I recall these used to be good, I must have lost my touch ..

Picked up Fever Dream from Preston & Child when I took the Cornwell back to the library, haven't started that one, hoping that Pendergast hasn't similarly gone bad ..

I recently finished Mind's Eye by Douglas E Richards. I usually enjoy techno thrillers, but this one fell a little flat for me. The "good guy" was a little too perfect, and I prefer a flawed, anti-hero type. Also, there was too much time explaining the solution to the book's climax. Next up is Brandon Sanderson's The Way of Kings.

I recently finished Mind's Eye by Douglas E Richards. I usually enjoy techno thrillers, but this one fell a little flat for me. The "good guy" was a little too perfect, and I prefer a flawed, anti-hero type. Also, there was too much time explaining the solution to the book's climax. Next up is Brandon Sanderson's The Way of Kings.

Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archives is incredible. You are in for a treat.

Top Bottom