What's new

What Are You Reading?

I've um'd and ah'd about reading that book. I like his other works, but I just can't seem to get excited about that one. Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

I love Stephenson and The Diamond Age is my favorite of all (followed closely by Cryptonomicon). I would put it among the top 2-3 books I've most enjoyed over the past decade.

I just finished the first two books of the Mandel Files by Peter F. Hamilton and David Weber's On Basilisk Station.

Just finished "The Hard Way", book 10 in the Jack Reacher series.

I am waiting to see what releases next in my digital library queue; there are three that say "You are next in line for this title"

I'm now reading a new one by Scott Meyer called Master of Formalities. This is the guy who has the Magic 2.0 series which I really enjoy. Its got much of the same dry quirky humor, interesting but definitely an inspired story, and generally pretty good. But not great, writing doesn't flow all that smoothly.

Thanks to one of you fine gentlemen, I've just cracked open Rick Atkinson's An Army at Dawn. Volume One of his WW2 Liberation Trilogy.

Already have part 2 from the library but it may be on hold for a bit as this is a rather thick book. And I seem to spend all my free time on B&B..

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php
I'm now reading the 1974 military classic...[FONT=&amp]"Enemy at the Gates: The Battle for Stalingrad" by William Craig.
[/FONT]
The Story:

"Stalingrad, the bloodiest battle in the history of warfare, cost the lives of nearly two million men and women. It signaled the beginning of the end for the Third Reich of Adolf Hitler; it foretold the Russian juggernaut that would destroy Berlin and make the Soviet Union a superpower. As Winston Churchill characterized the result of the conflict at Stalingrad: "the hinge of fate had turned".
:thumbsup:

$Book.jpg

Read More:https://books.google.com/books?id=CWOygH6xjIoC

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]
proxy.php
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” Dr. Seuss[/FONT]

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I'm trying to improve my selections, so once a month I am checking out a classic to balance the Best Seller's that usually come too fast to read ..

Willa Cather's One of Ours won the Pultzer in 1923, only the fifth awarded for a novel. A very good read so far unless you insist on profanity by rote and gratuitous sex scenes.

Top Bottom