What's new

What Are You Reading?

I'm halfway through already, but hadn't seen this thread until just now: The First Law Part I: The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie. I never heard of it before, but am VERY pleasantly surprised. By far the best book I've read all year! It's along the lines of Game of Thrones, but I personally find The Blade Itself more enjoyable to read. Also, Abercrombie requires less time to finish writing his books :p

I'm halfway through already, but hadn't seen this thread until just now: The First Law Part I: The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie. I never heard of it before, but am VERY pleasantly surprised. By far the best book I've read all year! It's along the lines of Game of Thrones, but I personally find The Blade Itself more enjoyable to read. Also, Abercrombie requires less time to finish writing his books :p

Abercrombie is on my buy on release date list of authors. I wasn't too sure about book 1 until near the end and by then I had to get book 2 to see what happened next.

I'm currently reading Shadowmarch by Tad Williams. It's book 1 of his Shadowmarch tetralogy. I read his Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn series decades ago and enjoyed them. Recently I read Dirty Streets of Heaven (Bobby Dollar book 1) and really enjoyed it as well. I figured it was time to try some of his other series.

Just finished Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, very good book, well written and a scary look at a possible future for us.

Now starting Assassins Apprentice​ by Robin Hobb. So far so good.

Just started Himmler's War by Robert Conroy. I've always liked historical fiction books and I'm now intrigued by the "alternate history" genre.

Abercrombie is on my buy on release date list of authors. I wasn't too sure about book 1 until near the end and by then I had to get book 2 to see what happened next.

I was sold very early on. As soon as Glokta was introduced actually. The way he described his difficulty climbing down stairs etc. ... Probably sounds strange, but oh well :) Simply put, I like the way Abercrombie writes.

I googled Shadowmarch just now, and it seems interesting as well. I'll keep it in mind!

Top Bottom