What's new

What Are You Reading?

Every one of his "Reacher" novels is good. I have read them all, some twice. Right now I'm reading The Fifth Vial, By Michael Palmer. good so far.

I just finished the last Reacher book. I didn't realize it was the last one until I was done. I spent all morning trying to figure out what to read next. I went back to the fantasy genre which I read mostly. So I am reading Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson. I hope its good.

I just finished the last Reacher book. I didn't realize it was the last one until I was done. I spent all morning trying to figure out what to read next. I went back to the fantasy genre which I read mostly. So I am reading Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson. I hope its good.

I'm moving quickly through Killing Floor. I've just started on the Reacher books, but I may very well read every one back to back

Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen is an incredible epic fantasy series. He's really stingy with the "10,000 foot view," so don't worry if you feel like you are missing something - the author put you there.

Wrapped up "Killing Floor" on a car ride today and started on "Die Trying". I might just blast through the whole Jack Reacher series.

Finished Don Winslow's "The Trail to Buddha's Mirror" and Orson Scott Card's "Ender's Game". I am going to run the tables on these two series of books; so next up is Winslow's "Way down on the High Lonely" and Scott's "Speaker for the Dead"

I'm moving quickly through Killing Floor. I've just started on the Reacher books, but I may very well read every one back to back

That series is OK, he was influenced by Glenn Cook, and the book Chain of Dogs was amazing, I am behind with it and have not read it for a while, it dose tend to drag on and on and on .

Just started reading this:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8664353-unbroken
$8664353.jpg
Not my usual type of reading, but a good diversion.
Only in a few chapters, but so far it is holding my interest well, and I had never even heard of this veteran and Olympian previously!

Nothing as deep as many of you-- started under the dome by Stephen king last night. Good so far.

Hadnt felt like reading anything for a while after finishing joe abercrombie's first law series--great fantasy. Very unusual for the genre--no clear good and bad guy. No clear resolution, no real happy ending.. The books pick up in the middle of the characters lives--not really at a distinct start to the story, and then some stuff happens and at the end of the books their lives go on as before. You watch some events in their lives, but don't get all the answers, not everything gets resolved...much more like life than the vast majority of fantasy. Very enjoyable.

Finished off the Odd series (except for the book that came out this year. Haven't picked it up yet). Good series. I'll keep reading these books as they come out.

Started The Host. Got 5 chapters in...SOOOOOOO BORED. Now I know why the movie was boring. Not going to torture myself with that one anymore.

Started on Black Prism by Brent Weeks this morning. Good so far (only four chapters in). I really enjoyed his Shadow Trilogy and it looks like this one will be a similarly fun ride.

Cheers,

M.

Finished Don Winslow's "The Trail to Buddha's Mirror" and Orson Scott Card's "Ender's Game". I am going to run the tables on these two series of books; so next up is Winslow's "Way down on the High Lonely" and Scott's "Speaker for the Dead"

Dune is done, and every bit as good as the first time I read it. I will get around to the rest of the soonest - I've actually never finished the other books in the series - but for now....

Biology of Microorganisms on Grapes, in Must, and in Wine

Lactic Acid Bacteria Native to Washington State Wines

Lactic Acid Bacteria in the Quality Improvement and Depreciation of Wine

and if that gets too dry....

American Journal of Enology and Viticulture Guide to Authors

Just started Vol. IV of Will Durant's Story of Civilization. Hope the world doesn't end before I finish all 10 volumes. Why can't I turn off the italic?

Dune is done, and every bit as good as the first time I read it. I will get around to the rest of the soonest - I've actually never finished the other books in the series - but for now....
Okay, I'm going to let you in on a secret... You don't have to read past Dune and this is coming from a huge Dune fan... Children and Messiah aren't bad but skippable. God Emperor is painful. Heretics is rather meh. Chapterhouse couldn't hold my interest. If you want to read on don't let me stop you, I'm just a guy no great novel reviewer.

Okay, I'm going to let you in on a secret... You don't have to read past Dune and this is coming from a huge Dune fan... Children and Messiah aren't bad but skippable. God Emperor is painful. Heretics is rather meh. Chapterhouse couldn't hold my interest. If you want to read on don't let me stop you, I'm just a guy no great novel reviewer.

+1. It's sad but Dune and Ender's Game are both fantastic books with a crap series attached to them.

Top Bottom