What's new

What Are You Reading?

Due to an error when loading The Sum of All Fears by Tom Clancy on my iPad (somehow only got the first 3 chapters), I've now begun reading The Winner by David Baldacci.

Boneshaker by Cherie Priest. I love Steampunk.

$Boneshaker_full.jpg

This summer I read a book called; Winter in Maine / Julius Winsome, by the author Gerard Donovan.
The book was simply excellent, the story is centered around a man living in a wood cabin all by himself who goes through sorrow, hate, revenge and all the basic human emotions. I don´t want to reveal anything of the plot. But I strongly recommend all of you to read it, I couldnt leave it until I was done with it, and it brought some questions and reflections upon me.

$donovan-gerard-vinter-i-maine.jpg

"The World of Yesterday" (Die Welt von Gestern) by Stefan Zweig, first read in college at UCLA, now reading again, great portrayal of turn of the Century Austria-Hungary.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
This summer I read a book called; Winter in Maine / Julius Winsome, by the author Gerard Donovan.
The book was simply excellent, the story is centered around a man living in a wood cabin all by himself who goes through sorrow, hate, revenge and all the basic human emotions. I don´t want to reveal anything of the plot. But I strongly recommend all of you to read it, I couldnt leave it until I was done with it, and it brought some questions and reflections upon me.

View attachment 269653

Thanks for a thoughtful review, I have requested it from the library here ..

You are welcome. Be sure to let me know what you think when youre done. :001_smile
Happy reading!

I'll certainly post my thoughts here. It looks like I might have to buy it as my library claims it can't get it from anywhere. But I have a feeling it will be worth owning.

I just finished reading the Wool Omnibus Edition by [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Hugh Howey. It is a fantastic post apocalyptic story. This edition is a collection of the five books in the series. It costs about $6 for the Kindle edition and I cant recommend it enough. I went through the 500+ pages in less then a week. If you like end of the world type of books you will love this. [/FONT]

Top Bottom