What's new

Aqua Velva Plastic Bottles

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I do have one question. How do you avoid having the Aqua Velva run down the side of the bottle when you splash it out?

-CCM

The bottles of Booster aftershave come with those pop-up lids ... push down with your thumb one side and the other side pops up with that little hole that drips out a bit of aftershave.

... funny thing is, the cap on the Booster is exactly the same size and thread to fit on a bottle of Aqua Velva. :wink2:

I've never tried AV, but thanks to threads like this, when I was in Wegmans tonight grabbing a last minute V-day desert...I had to go down the shave aisle and saw a lone bottle of AV Ice Blue in the glass bottle. They now have zero on the shelf. I'd like to find some of the green bottle action, but I can't say I've ever seen it. Only Ice Blue and the "other" blue. I've never seen Musk either.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I've never tried AV, but thanks to threads like this, when I was in Wegmans tonight grabbing a last minute V-day desert...I had to go down the shave aisle and saw a lone bottle of AV Ice Blue in the glass bottle. They now have zero on the shelf. I'd like to find some of the green bottle action, but I can't say I've ever seen it. Only Ice Blue and the "other" blue. I've never seen Musk either.

The green Original Sport is only sold in Canada, but it is quite nice if you can get your hands on some.

Ugh. My Wally World now has these- picked up a glass bottle that was hiding in the back of the stack. Nothing is (was...) better for homebrews than these glass bottles.

After reading this thread I found Ice Blue in glass bottles at the local K-Mart.
Now they have one less bottle. :laugh:

well,
I have 6.5 glass 7oz bottles of blue.

I have 3.5 glass botles of the musk too.

I apologize in advance to whomever goes to the Wal Mart on Highway 27 now.

Picked up a few of the remaining glass-bottled Aqua Velva's today at a truly urban Walgreens.

The first two bottles had less than 60% of their original contents remaining. Apparently they had become unofficial "testers" for gentlemen of limited means preparing for a hot date. Ah, life in San Francisco's Mission District.

I selected bottles from somewhat further back.

I've also added this information to Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aqua_Velva

Jooky, if you'd be willing to post the full letter (or a photograph of it, if it's a physical object) to this thread, that would be great. That would make a better reference link.

Here is a copy of the first letter (email) that I received:

[email protected]
to (my email)
date Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 12:13 PM
subject Case# 384464 – A Reply Regarding Your Aqua Velva Inquiry

hide details Jan 27

Dear Mr. (My last name):

Thank you for contacting us regarding Aqua Velva. We welcome all comments about our products.

In response to your email; even though we are making the conversion to plastic bottles next week, there should still be glass bottles on the store shelves available until they sell out.

You mentioned your concern about the fragrance possibly changing. Before placing the product on the market, a test group was conducted using current Aqua Velva users to compare the plastic bottles to the glass. When asked specific questions about the fragrance, none of them commented on a difference in the fragrance. I hope this information is helpful to you.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Kathy Brooks

Kathy Brooks
Consumer Resources Consultant

Case #384464

Here is a copy of the followup:

from [email protected]
to (my email)
date Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 2:29 PM
subject Thank You for Contacting Us

hide details Jan 20

Dear Mr. (My last name):

Thank you for contacting us regarding the new Aqua Velva shatterproof bottle. First, we want to assure that there is no change to the formula. There are several reasons we moved from a glass to plastic bottle. The big advantage to plastic is that it won’t break and can be left out of the medicine cabinet without fear of shattering on the bathroom floor. Further, this initiative has a big impact on our customers handling costs and has been requested by several accounts to cut down on breakage at the warehouse and in their stores.

Our Market research results show that consumers favored the shatterproof bottle. We are also filling the bottles with more product (to maintain our shelf size/impression) and the longer use-up rate.

In response to your question regarding when we will be making this change; we will be shipping the plastic bottles on February 1st. They should be out on store shelves by the end of February.

We want to thank you for taking to time to contact us.

Sincerely,

Kathy Brooks

Kathy Brooks
Consumer Resources Consultant

Case #384464

Pm me if you would like and I can forward the emails directly to you.

As an aside, my wife bought me the last two large glass bottles of the blue stuff for Valentines day. It appears that she does actually listen to things I say!

Looking in a Wal Mart here I saw The first of musk in plastic bottles.
Funny thing is there was only 1 bottle

I see Aqua Velva Original Sport is on clearance this week for $3.00 at Shopper's Drug Mart And yes, it is the glass bottle version :biggrin:

Good time to grab & stock this green elixir since alot of us are well at Defcom-5-hoard mode

Top Bottom