What's new

Aqua Velva Plastic Bottles

As most everyone is aware, Aqua Velva is moving to the "shatterproof" plastic bottle, but nobody seems to know when.

Except me.

Just got a letter back from Combe, and it says that the plastic bottles will be shipping out on February 1st of this year, and that most stores should have them stocked by the middle of the month. Gentlemen, it is time to start hoarding the glass bottles in earnest. The Shavepocalypse is upon us!!

proxy.php

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
As most everyone is aware, Aqua Velva is moving to the "shatterproof" plastic bottle, but nobody seems to know when.

Except me.

Just got a letter back from Combe, and it says that the plastic bottles will be shipping out on February 1st of this year, and that most stores should have them stocked by the middle of the month. Gentlemen, it is time to start hoarding the glass bottles in earnest. The Shavepocalypse is upon us!!

Thanks for the heads up!

i want everyone to know i called aqua velva and thanked them (on behalf of everyone here at the site) to moving to plastic bottles.

Anybody know if they needed to change the formulation to cope with the plastic bottles?

The letter I received says that the formulation is not changing. The only change being made is the move to plastic bottles, because customers wanted it. After I got the letter I asked them if the plastic was going to change the scent at all. If I get a response back I will post it.

The letter I received says that the formulation is not changing. The only change being made is the move to plastic bottles, because customers wanted it. After I got the letter I asked them if the plastic was going to change the scent at all. If I get a response back I will post it.

Many thanks!

The only change being made is the move to plastic bottles, because customers wanted it.

Now I ask you Gentlemen--

Is this what YOU wanted???

These corporate weasels. I guarantee you when the new plastic bottles hit the shelves somewhere on that label will be the word "SHATTERPROOF" in a font so grand you won't miss it. The company is doing you a favor!! It's now Shatterproof because you requested it and we heard you!!!

From now on just substitute the word "Shatterproof" with "Cheaply Made" in your minds and you will be accurate in your assessments of Combe, P&G (Old Spice) and Skin Bracer... more junk for a disposable society.

Meanwhile--Germany still has Speick and Tabac. The Brits have their various sundry items, and Italy has Floid, all in nice classy packaging. Somehow, they are still able to meet budgets and present good products.

As for us--we're Shatterproof!!!!

Marty E.

I guarantee you when the new plastic bottles hit the shelves somewhere on that label will be the word "SHATTERPROOF" in a font so grand you won't miss it.

It's already happened, friend.

Okay, Crocto wanted evidence, so here it is. All I had was my phone camera so it's a little blurry, but you can still clearly see the "New Shatterproof Bottle" as part of the label.

proxy.php

The strange thing was, the last time I went there all they had was the plastic, but now there are also glass ones back on the shelf :confused1

Now I ask you Gentlemen--

I can't imagine anyone requesting a plastic bottle over a glass one. Plastic just screams out "cheap" to me. At least from the pictures it doesn't look like they changed the shape of the bottle any.

[begin intense sarcasm]

It's exactly what I wanted, because I am a redneck klutz, and a total idiot, hence I am so happy they have now made it idiot proof. Anything to stop a clod like me from hurting myself.

Why just the other day I was cursing myself for breaking my Aqua Velva bottle for the third time in as many weeks, and I thought to myself "hey dummy wouldn't it be great if this stuff came in a plastic bottle?"

It was the major revelation of my lifetime.

No more would I be faced with picking up shattered remnants of glass off my bathroom floor, which is oh so reminiscent of the scattered dreams of my pathetic life.

I am happy to see that the company took my suggestion, that I sent them telepathically.

[/end intense sarcasm]

Or you can keep the glass bottles you already own and just transfer the splashes into them

I plan on doing this too. Just as long as the scent and formulation will truly be the same... I'm going to stock up a bit on the glass in the short term, just in case.

Or you can keep the glass bottles you already own and just transfer the splashes into them

+1. I've got 50 ounces of Ice Blue and 20ish ounces of Musk. I tend to use Ice Blue frequently in the summer and Musk infrequently year round, so I figure I have 3+ years of Ice Blue and 6+ years of Musk stored up. When they run out I will decant into glass, and have backups for when I inevitably drop them.

Top Bottom