What's new

Aqua Velva Plastic Bottles

Combe probably isn't who you need to worry about with regards to reformulation of Aqua Velva. Whomever buys Combe is the worry, as they could go in an entirely different direction with AV.

Plastic bottles have made it to Saginaw, MI. The musk was found at a Wal-Mart. The classic at the Meijer around the corner. Both of these were taken tonight:
proxy.php

proxy.php

Sorry, those were way bigger than I though. My bad.

Plastic bottles have made it to Saginaw, MI. The musk was found at a Wal-Mart. The classic at the Meijer around the corner. Both of these were taken tonight.

Noooo!! That means they are probably here in Bay City as well. I am pretty well stocked, with 3 glass bottles of Ice Blue, and 2 glass bottles of the Musk.

Saginaw? :lol:

Isn't that the same place in a Seinfeld episode, where Kramer and Newman want to get refund for bottles?

Coincidence ????? :blink:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
As an aside, my wife bought me the last two large glass bottles of the blue stuff for Valentines day. It appears that she does actually listen to things I say!

Oh, it's well established that they listen to us. What is more up for debate is whether or not we listen to them. :001_rolle

I am working on bottle one of a case of 12 large glass bottles of AV Ice Blue I got late last year. So I am set for hopefully a couple years.

Any report on the scent? Same? Close? Totally different?

The musk seemed off at first, but it may have just been that bottle. Other plastics bottles smelled the same as the glass to me. I noticed no difference in the blue either, so far so good.

I wonder if we could petition for them to go back to glass based on health issues. Plastics do leach out some weird things, like phthalates, which can be very bad for you, or more specifically, your future offspring.

Has anyone bought Musk anywhere other than Wal-Mart? I really don't like to spend money there, but might have to as I would like to try the Musk before it goes plastic.

Both a CVS near my house, and a Walmart in upstate NY, both had atleast 10 glass Aqua Velva bottles.

Although I was saddened because I bought the musk at Walmart, and the musk were plastic.

I'll have to pick up a glass bottle sooner or later, so I can pour the plastic ones in there when it's empty 5 years from now!

Further, this initiative has a big impact on our customers handling costs and has been requested by several accounts to cut down on breakage at the warehouse and in their stores.

What she's really saying is: "Wal-Mart told us to do this or they'd stop selling our products in their stores".

Just like how Wal-mart has forced several well known water brands to ship in plastic bottles, or caused many soaps and other toiletry products to reformulate to meet lower cost estimates.

What she's really saying is: "Wal-Mart told us to do this or they'd stop selling our products in their stores".

Just like how Wal-mart has forced several well known water brands to ship in plastic bottles, or caused many soaps and other toiletry products to reformulate to meet lower cost estimates.

That's why I love Snapper. They told Walmart no. I only buy Snapper lawn equipment now.

Top Bottom