What's new

Aqua Velva Plastic Bottles

I just purchased AV in the glass bottle yesterday. I have never tried it in my 30 years of shaving. Seems like between birthdays, Christmas and fathers day I always had something else. I tried AV Ice Blue for the first time yesteday. Wow! Thats is a great aftershave. Cool but soothing, nice smell, not overpowering, lasts a long time but not forever. Geez... have I been missing the boat for 30 years. Gonna try the AV Musk today.

Our walmart still has it in the glass jars. Bought 2 bottles yesterday and yes I love it too. I've got three bottles, that ought to last me a long long time.

I just got back a reply about the fragrance.

Thank you for contacting us regarding Aqua Velva. We welcome all comments about our products.

In response to your email; even though we are making the conversion to plastic bottles next week, there should still be glass bottles on the store shelves available until they sell out.

You mentioned your concern about the fragrance possibly changing. Before placing the product on the market, a test group was conducted using current Aqua Velva users to compare the plastic bottles to the glass. When asked specific questions about the fragrance, none of them commented on a difference in the fragrance. I hope this information is helpful to you.

So, with any luck, what they tell me is true and we don't have to worry about the product itself being different. Yet.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
+1. I've got 50 ounces of Ice Blue and 20ish ounces of Musk. I tend to use Ice Blue frequently in the summer and Musk infrequently year round, so I figure I have 3+ years of Ice Blue and 6+ years of Musk stored up. When they run out I will decant into glass, and have backups for when I inevitably drop them.

Don't worry about dropping them ... I understand a new shatterproof botle is coming soon. :001_smile

So, with any luck, what they tell me is true and we don't have to worry about the product itself being different. Yet.
I will certainly do a side-by-side comparison as soon as the plastic bottles are in my area.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member

Thank you for contacting us regarding Aqua Velva. We welcome all comments about our products.

In response to your email; even though we are making the conversion to plastic bottles next week, there should still be glass bottles on the store shelves available until they sell out.

You mentioned your concern about the fragrance possibly changing. Before placing the product on the market, a test group was conducted using current Aqua Velva users to compare the plastic bottles to the glass. When asked specific questions about the fragrance, none of them commented on a difference in the fragrance. I hope this information is helpful to you.

So, there was no confirmation that they were NOT changing the formula, only a comment that the people they test marketed didn't comment on a difference in the fragrance

I find that answer more ominous than any previous indication of reformulation.

So, there was no confirmation that they were NOT changing the formula, only a comment that the people they test marketed didn't comment on a difference in the fragrance

Ahhh, the good old corporate doublespeak. :001_unsur

Just another case of Big Brother protecting us from ourselves...

We shouldn't be allowed to handle sharp objects, or objects that may become sharp if we so clumsily drop them... It's not good for us!

I walked into my local Walmart yesterday to see what the new plastic bottles looked like. After I cleaned out the glass, they were devoid of Aqua Velva for a while. Now the shelves have been completely restocked--with more glass bottles than I've ever seen in one place.

The truth is, that I was going to snag one of the plastic bottles. I'm going to be doing a lot of traveling this summer and I thought that I'd grab one of them for my dopp kit. I'm feeling kind of mixed up these days.

There's a post on another shaving forum where a poster emailed them, and the Combe representative said the following:
"Thank you for contacting us regarding the new Aqua Velva shatterproof bottle. First, we want to assure that there is no change to the formula. "

Hopefully they will be true to their word

I just purchased AV in the glass bottle yesterday. I have never tried it in my 30 years of shaving. Seems like between birthdays, Christmas and fathers day I always had something else. I tried AV Ice Blue for the first time yesteday. Wow! Thats is a great aftershave. Cool but soothing, nice smell, not overpowering, lasts a long time but not forever. Geez... have I been missing the boat for 30 years. Gonna try the AV Musk today.

The AV Musk is by far my favorite.

-CCM

Still have the glass bottles at the local Walgreens and Wal-mart. I think I'm gonna take a play out of pcullens book and buy the rest of them up.

I bought out wal-mart when I picked up three more 7-oz bottles of AV, plus one 3.5oz bottle of the musk. I'll hit another store or two tomorrow :w00t:

Top Bottom