What's new

Which was your WORST cream ever?

Caswell-Massey Almond shave cream. After trying all the other top-shelf brands out there, I was amazed at how CM hasn't kept up with the competition.

Thanks to this board, I've never had an experience where a cream just wouldn't work at all. Allergic reactions are another story. I have had a couple soaps that wouldn't lather for shaving though. My advice is to just check the reviews if you're thinking about buying anything. I'd probably hold off on buying anything that hasn't been discussed or reviewed unless you're okay with taking a gamble.

I was not impresed with KMF Lime. It just did not lather like the others i have (proraso, TOBS Avacado, Trumpers Rose)

Ok, I'm gonna get killed for saying this but the worst creams have been TOBS Avocado and Proraso. I ALWAYS got irritation or received nicks and cuts whenever I used both of them.

Of course YMMV, and with the glowing recommendations they receive here on the baords, most others seem to have better mileage than me. :blush:

Caswell-Massey Almond shave cream.
+1

By far this is the worst shaving cream that I've tried. Top-shelf, affordable, discount brands... doesn't matter - anything outperforms this. It isn't just that it's not good or mediocre. Is bad, and I mean bad. Horrible lather, not very slick and to top it, a burning sensation. The only good thing about it is the scent.

In case I didn't make myself clear-- I didn't like this cream.

I hate to say it in a way, but the "worst I ever had was good."

I was warned off of Weleda earl on so I will pass that on. Was said to be poor lathering not very very lubricating and to take a lot of product come come up with any lather.

I certainly have not been unhappy with Prosaro.

I still find it hard to believe jsut how little cream it takes with many of the very top brands

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
The worst shaving cream? Palmolive Classic.:thumbdown
At least untill now.

Last edited:
Florena? But it was still very good.

I guess I just don't like the scent.

Since I started using good products I haven't ever been seriously disappointed.

Every cream I've ever tried besides canned goo. Something about cream designed to be used with a brush always causes my face to tingle and it starts to burn, all before I even start shaving. It must be some common ingredient in those creams that does it.

I only use soap or canned goo like Gillette foamy.

The Shave Den, Got a bunch of samples when I first started, but couldn't get any of their creams to work. That being said, that is a great place to try several creams to see what you like, just stay away from their own brand.

Top Bottom