What's new

Traditional Barber Shop Scents

Italian Floid smells just like Ricco's Barber Shop circa 1970 in Port Richmond, Philadelphia. I imagine MANY shops from that era and before had this scent. Frank(aka Ricky the Barber) had a hot lather machine that used to fascinate me as a kid and he used to shave people with this knife(aka straight as I found out later in life) Ahh, the memories. Now when I get my hair cut the place smells like Paul Mitchell or Biolage or Redken or....

So the US has Pinaud's Clubman. Canada has Booster. Italy has Floid. What would you say is the UK's traditional barber shop scent?

Pashana.

I have a bottle of the brilliantine for hair and the aftershave. The brilliantine is the most barber shop smelling product I have ever smelled and I have a large collection of "barber shop" scents. I have read before Pashana described as the original barber shop scent, although I think Pinaud Clubman Classic is a little older.

i was explaining to my wife why i like going to this one barber shop. i said "well its a real barber shop. i can tell because everyone is italian. there's a joey and a vinny. and old italian guys show up there and hang out."

she's nodding and then asks "wait why are men just hanging out there?"

i forgot she's only half italian and said "oh to get away from their wives."

anyway she didn't find it to be as funny as i thought it was.

i was explaining to my wife why i like going to this one barber shop. i said "well its a real barber shop. i can tell because everyone is italian. there's a joey and a vinny. and old italian guys show up there and hang out."

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You didn't mention the stack of Playboy, did you?

You can get Italian Floid as well as Spanish Floid. The Spanish is better though. :wink2:
Yes, I know that (the italian Floïd). My post is about the creation of Floïd, the first Floïd was made in 1932 in the Haugron Cientifical laboratoires of Barcelona, by Joan Baptista Cendrós, aka "doctor Floïd"

Top Bottom