What's new

My Guess... 3017

It's why I am thinking of slicing it and infusing with aqua velva, brut, drakkar nor, and possibly clubman.

Rotate between the 4 :thumbup1:
Hmmm. 3017 and rotation. Good idea.

I've been taking a break from 3017 over the last few days. B&M Dickens goes on sale Monday, and when it arrives I'll have my first true 3017 from start to finish. No cheat days, no using my Cade stick when traveling. Until then, I'm rotating.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Still sailing along with the AoS Sandalwood. Tallow or not, this is an excellent soap.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. How many of you will attempt to 3017 a turkey today? :biggrin:

Last edited:
Still working through my RR Classic. Surprisingly enough, since I started using my new Chubby 1 brush, the average grams per shave dropped considerably (even though I load the puck for a longer time)

After 16 shaves I have used only 22g of soap, so I expect at least other 50 shaves with it, giving roughly $0.10 per shave. Let's see

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone. I only have one or two more days left on my partial MWF puck. I have had this puck for over two years. For some reason I never thought of 3017ing it. I have used it manly on weekends or when I had to stop a soap because of irritation. This time I switched to it on Nov4 because the Captain's Choice/RR Bay Rum I was using really gave me some bad irritation. This soap always made my face feel better and great after using it. I can easily say I have enjoyed this soap and would like to use it again (next time I'll do the full 3017 treatment to it).

Everything is falling in to place for me. Mudder Fockers has a day, two, maybe three left...but won't make it to Dec.

So I'll be starting 100g of MdC at least by Monday. I'll post up my final thoughts on the MF shortly, but it was nothing short of incredible.

First and foremost - Happy Thanksgiving fellow 3017'ers!

I am continuing to work through my tub of T&H Rose shaving cream. Performance is good (nothing special) but I have had significantly better. The rose scent is where it shines as it really increases the enjoyment of this cream. I have got a large divot in the center of the cream but I have not touched the bottom of the container...I will estimate (very inaccurately) another month before this is gone.

I have about two shaves left on my Proraso Red. I'm out of town and grabbed my travel kit so for the next few days I'll be using Haslinger Sandelholz and will finish the Proraso when I get back. Then I'll finish up the Haslinger and we'll see what happens after that.

Four days into my Fine Scottish Soap and I have it dialed in. It gave me lots of great lather from day one so I don't know why it has so many "won't lather" reviews. I am getting good shaves so no complaints about closeness. The face feel after isn't quite as nice as the tallow based soaps I've been using the last two years. It's a great pif that I got from another member here and I'm delighted to get it. I probably won't order another though due to face feel.

I'll try to post some lather pics sometime in December.

Started a QCS Cubano Breeze sample on this fine thanksgiving morning! It should only last me 5 shaves, so I'm sure I'll still be shaving with it by Christmas. :/

Cheated on my LPL with some Windsor today. DRH is top notch with soft water, but it has never worked with hard water for me. Happy Thanksgiving gents!

I've been on a break from QCS for the last 4 days, a friend loaned me a few soaps to try and I've been enjoying them. Once I return the soaps I'll be back at the QCS.

T&H Ultimate Comfort cream to finish that sample off today. I deviated from the script because it was 85 degrees today with no humidity; wanted to see how it handled in the heat.

Top Bottom