Aftershave: Brummel AS Lotion / Calani Simply Soap AS Balsam
Cologne of the Day: Creed Green Irish Tweed

Ben

Still on TOBS Sandalwood. Updated weights (including bowl, w/o lid):

1/6: 190g (start)
2/1: 164g
3/1: 140g
4/1: 108g

My problem seems to be that I get such good shaves, I don't need to shave that often. Maybe I need to remedy that, or start selling some soap off.

I'm guessing 1/4 tub left, which means 10-15 more shaves? And I'm away from home for nine or ten days, which will put a crimp into killing this thing off. I really hope to get this done by Memorial Day (aiming for May 1 to be fair).

Last edited:
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396409077.577775.jpg

Loved mdc, but I was making no progress and have a huge stock pile to kill. Mdc will make a great comparison for future soaps, but it's time for killing season.

11/6/2013-1/4/2014- c&s 88
1/5/2014-1/27/2014- synergy cavendish (traded for sandalwood aos tallow)
1/28/2014-3/22/2014- mdc (unfinished, but loved)
4/1/2014-???- razorock mughetto di bologna

I will try to stick it out a little longer. I don't know why. Determined or stubborn.

I'm done messing around, spending 20+ shaves to dial something in or use up a product that doesn't WOW me.

I took the advise of the guys who laid the foundation for this thread and try to follow their lead.

As you can see, there is a theme here:

Shaving should be a pleasure, not a chore to be endured.

Life is too short to shave with poor shaving soap!

Pick your favorite soap and spoil yourself everyday single solitary shave.

Amen to that!

Life's too short to shave with bad soap.

Life is too short to shave with anything other than great soap.

Life is too short to short for a mediocre shave.

An old B&B wisdom: Life's too short to shave with bad soap. :biggrin1:

Life is too short to use crappy shave soap. Especially for us old guys.:lol:

As has been said-
Life is to short to shave with a crappy shave soap. Kick it to the shower!

Life's too short and soap's just soap, so I won't have to feel trapped by something I've lost interest in.

There are more like this, but you get the point.

Last edited:

strop

Now half as wise
Finally broke thru the bottom of the AOS Sandalwood. Took 74 shaves to do so, and I'm guessing 3 weeks left.

My only complaint is that I'm getting tired of the scent, and am ready to move on.

Thanks for the info. That helps a lot. And the comparison with other products will help me when I move on from the RR. I'm planning to use the King Louis almost exclusively till its done. One thing I know I'm going to do though is to mix in shaves with the King of the Castle Lavender sample I've got so I can get a real good comparison of these two RR product lines. I've really liked the karite line of RR, but want to give the Argan oil line a fair chance. I've got a nice sized sample of Lavener and a couple of others too.

Hoochie Mamma....My PIF just showed up at work. I had no idea there would be such good stuff....

Proraso Blue is very, very close to being done. I have chosen my next victim from the Super Awesome 3017 PIF that inspringK & brothers sent me last year.

Next up: Cella

Soap Weight: 145g (I had previously taken some for a test lather)
Container: 30g (total weight less soap)
Total: 175g

I am guessing it will last me 45 shaves, barring any interruptions, irritation or unforeseen circumstances....but that's a total guess at 3g/shave.

$uploadfromtaptalk1396470705311.jpg

Last edited:
Back in the fold I think.
Finally finishing nub of Arko that has held out for two years of rotational use. Molded it into the bottom of a bowl and have been lathering on the puck. Lasted a week like this but only a couple days left.
Next will be MW Coconut Lime Verbena. Not my favorite MW, but would like to free up another container.

I was going to spend April working through some B&M samples but spring has sprung and my mood has changed and I'm jumping into the RR 3017 thread with a brand new tub of Don Marco.

I finished 1 sample of B&M -- lime, lavender and cedar wood. Still undecided on it. Luckily I have 6 more samples to make up my mind on B&M.

2/1/2014-3/28/2014 Harris Arlington (replaced)
3/29/2014-4/2/2014 B&M Lime, Lavender & Cedarwood (sample)
4/3/2014-???? RazoRock Don Marco

For some reason, coming from a guy with the alias "BabyFace," this has me shakin' in mah boots!

View attachment 431845

With killer Frank Underwood for a picture as well. Better watch yourself if you are saponified fats.

To the razorock comparison. Joe said the new tallow based soaps like xxx^t are a refined version of the old artisan line. So I'm going to finish this tub and then xxx and compare. I was shocked at the lather from this old guy. Two great lathers already. It is renewing my faith in tallow.

Proraso Blue is very, very close to being done. I have chosen my next victim from the Super Awesome 3017 PIF that inspritingK & brothers sent me last year.

Next up: Cella

Soap Weight: 145g (I had previously taken some for a test lather)
Container: 30g (total weight less soap)
Total: 175g

I am guessing it will last me 45 shaves, barring any interruptions, irritation or unforeseen circumstances....but that's a total guess at 3g/shave.

View attachment 431955

Cella is great. Some say it's the best there is, others think it's very overrated. Either way, it's a B&B rite of passage. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts as you 3017 this staple.

Top Bottom