What's new

My Guess... 3017

I don't recall having any allergic-type reactions to any soaps/creams, but there are a handful of soaps that didn't do it for me, no matter how many times I tried. I'm still having great shaves with Haslinger Schafmilch. I find that if I load with a soaking wet brush, the lathers from Haslinger are phenomenal. But the pucks disappear at a more rapid rate.

I used the Wet Brush (Marco) method yesterday with a Semogue and it was phenomenal.

I'm too lazy to read back thru the thread...just wondering if anyone here has given a puck of Gold Dachs the 3017 treatment and how it went for you?

Me. It was the first soap I 3017'd. It's a good middle of the road soap, lathers easily and performs well. I'm kind of meh on the scent.

I used the Wet Brush (Marco) method yesterday with a Semogue and it was phenomenal.

Coincidence. I used my SOC boar today, Marco Method. I've tried loading the Haslinger with just a damp brush and it works. But Haslinger lather with a soaking wet brush is just too good :001_cool:

Used my Semogue 820 boar with AOS Sandlwood tallow today. Loaded up easily but ran out for the third pass. Added a bit more with a wetter brush and it was good but a little foamy.

I've noticed the last few times I used a boar that I'm not liking the lather quantity or quality. Maybe I'm just used to my nice badger rotation.

Tomorrow will be the Thater.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425163166.644386.jpg

Used my Semogue 820 boar with AOS Sandlwood tallow today. Loaded up easily but ran out for the third pass. Added a bit more with a wetter brush and it was good but a little foamy.

I've noticed the last few times I used a boar that I'm not liking the lather quantity or quality. Maybe I'm just used to my nice badger rotation.

Tomorrow will be the Thater.

View attachment 553311

I had similar experiences with my boars. I realized that it worked better for me using a very wet boar and a corresponding time increase swirlin on the puck. This results in LOTS of lather for me. I don't have to use as much water with badgers, it seems.

Just curious while you 3017 your soaps are you still rotating brushes, razors, blades, etc?

Oh heck yes! I stick with one razor most of the time except for special occasions. Brushes, blades, and aftershaves get rotated - one day per brush, two-four days per blade (until its toasted by my wiry beard), one day per AS.

Just curious while you 3017 your soaps are you still rotating brushes, razors, blades, etc?

Yes. But I usually stick with one AS

Oh heck yes! I stick with one razor most of the time except for special occasions. Brushes, blades, and aftershaves get rotated - one day per brush, two-four days per blade (until its toasted by my wiry beard), one day per AS.

Brushes get rotated as I would like to learn and remember which brushes work best with which soap. Blades get used till they are banked --- I only switch razors when the blade gets banked.

kinda... I am 3017 my way through my blade samples until I find the few that I want to purchase a bunch of so I use them up in packs. Some of the blades I have multiple packs and will use up (if I like them). If I don't like them and I have extra packs they get tossed into the drawer and I pass them to others to try. My brush is constant too unless I want to try something different like lathering on the face or think the brush is lacking in some way. Once I get to a brush I like with the soap at hand I stick with it.
I am trying to 3017 my clubman but the bottle is too big for TSA so I bring my smaller bottle of fine when on the road. I also don't want to lose my ATT razor to TSA/airlines so I usually bring a different razor with me as well. My other cheat is that I am trying to learn how to use a straight razor so I use that on weekends or days where I have the extra time.

Ruckin

Me. It was the first soap I 3017'd. It's a good middle of the road soap, lathers easily and performs well. I'm kind of meh on the scent.

I've also 3017'd a puck of Gold Dachs. Above average but not excellent performance. Same with scent for me. A variation of soapy smell. It is the only soap that I have had a reaction to. If I left the lather on my face too long there was a slight burning sensation. I do have another puck and am looking forward to trying it again.

Last edited:
Did you identify an ingredient common between these soaps?

Yes, my face. :001_smile

With Dickens I was getting burned right away. With Cella it seemed to take a while. The redness slowly grew over time. I think I could get along with Cella just fine if I rotated daily like many do. On the other hand...so many soaps....so little time. So I am just moving on.

Yes, my face. :001_smile

With Dickens I was getting burned right away. With Cella it seemed to take a while. The redness slowly grew over time. I think I could get along with Cella just fine if I rotated daily like many do. On the other hand...so many soaps....so little time. So I am just moving on.

Absolutely.

Top Bottom