What's new

My Guess... 3017

I was hesitant to try it out for those same reasons until Celestino let me buy one of his pucks and was generous enough to let me in on one of his bulk orders. If you want I can cut you off a chunk and send it to you to try out.
Thanks for the offer, but I'm good. I've tried it many times and had enough battles with it. I'm set on Haslinger at #1 and won't be revisiting too many of my past soaps.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm good. I've tried it many times and had enough battles with it. I'm set on Haslinger at #1 and won't be revisiting too many of my past soaps.

You should if you ever move. I experienced first hand MW water sensitivity when I took lime on vacation this year. If you ever move, you should revisit stuff because some soaps are night and day with different water as we all know. I'm like most everyone and if I can't just use what comes out of the tap then screw it, but if what comes out of the tap changes, and you had stuff you loved something about something (scent, post shave etc.) then it would be worth a revisit IMO.

I enjoy using most RazoRock products, but after my first shave back with Barrister & Mann Dickens, I know that I'm using a different realm of product. Man do I love this stuff.

Arko is hanging on, still have about 10g left. Difficult to load what's left in my OS mug so I've reshaped it and been using it like a stick.

I leave for Saudi tomorrow and will be bringing what's left of the Arko along as well as my B&M Dickens. Really looking forward to my first attempt at getting a B&M soap dialed in.

We go through St Cloud a few times per year on the way up to the in-laws. But my wife hates White Castle. Will have to try and come up with something.

PdP spun around in the dish this morning and I had trouble loading. I tried to push it down and it broke apart into flakes. Not sure how many more days I will be able to use it.

PdP spun around in the dish this morning and I had trouble loading. I tried to push it down and it broke apart into flakes. Not sure how many more days I will be able to use it.

The same thing happened to me at the end of using my PdP. I fought with it for a few shaves and then just called it done. I couldn't really get it to form back together.

We go through St Cloud a few times per year on the way up to the in-laws. But my wife hates White Castle. Will have to try and come up with something.

The same thing happened to me at the end of using my PdP. I fought with it for a few shaves and then just called it done. I couldn't really get it to form back together.

Same thing happens to mine. It seems like it gets to a certain point and just crumbles away.

Reporting in. Still with Tabac.

The scent, the more I use it, the more it grows on me. But, beyond that, the more comforting and familiar it feels to me.

When I was little: I spent a fair bit of time at the neighbor's house. It somehow reminds of that house. Both parents were smokers and were much older than my own parents but this scent reminds me of an old home and the neighbors. I wouldn't be able to confirm at all if they used Tabac but the scent of their home is reminiscent and ties back to the lingering scent of smoke in the background. I was young and don't recall them smoking in the house - so perhaps it was just a lingering scent... but still...

The CRSW gave the ghost today, thanks for the sample, Jay. All in a all, I would consider this a soap that I would be just fine using every day. The lather was easy, pretty slick, pretty protective...unfortunately not one aspect blew me away. I probably will not be looking to replace this one.

Derek, I didn't forget about you and will eventually send you half of my original sample.

Down to the last bit of the grated Speick sticks. I've reformed the remnants twice now into a disk and the texture is like playdoh. I'm guessing it will be all gone by this time next week. I probably won't replace it any time soon as I have more than 60 soaps in my soap drawer to use up first. At this rate, I'll be purchase free until 2021. Yipes!

Five days into Institut Karité. The performance and post shave feel are superb. It's shocking that this soap doesn't get more attention. The lathers are thinner than I'm used to which may be me still dialing the soap in. Scent is faint and soapy. Stronger that Haslinger but not by much.

Five days into Institut Karité. The performance and post shave feel are superb. It's shocking that this soap doesn't get more attention. The lathers are thinner than I'm used to which may be me still dialing the soap in. Scent is faint and soapy. Stronger that Haslinger but not by much.

IK performance is fabulous.

I rember trying IK early on. Nice lather from what I remember but didn't care for the scent at the time.

Who knows now, my tastes have changed.

I have an IB Plissoft on order, time to see what all the Synthetic Fuss is about.

I rember trying IK early on. Nice lather from what I remember but didn't care for the scent at the time.

Who knows now, my tastes have changed.

I have an IB Plissoft on order, time to see what all the Synthetic Fuss is about.

Doubt the scent will be any better for you. Great performance tolerable scent.

Yeah, I have a RR Plissoft coming too. They are so great at making lather. Very different from the Rooney's & Simpsons but they make quick work on a weekday morning. The Whipped Dogs match my badgers. That being said I'm excited to be using a Shavemac 2Band with the Calani in a few.

Top Bottom