What's new

My Guess... 3017

4g..wow.

So a puck will be gone in 2 wks, give or take a day.

That's what I would think too... I'm 7 shaves into it, but it doesn't look any worse for the wear. My scale doesn't measure in 10ths though, so I could be off by 1.8 grams. Which would be a big difference. I'm missing my good scale. :cursing:

^ Yup.

I gave it three weeks of the treatment and bad shaves and then through the towel in. If I can't figure out a soap in three weeks, it's not for me.

I still last lather it regularly to break in my Amici but would not purchase or use Harris Soap again any time soon.

My face welcomed the change and it was a night and day difference when I switched to a superior product (in my mind). I haven't had a bad shave since.

But you were the reason this whole thing started..... :confused1

Well, I'm loving my DRH lather.... but the Marlborough scent has worn out its welcome. I just wish I had a brand new puck of Windsor or Arlington when we started this thing. I'll finish it out though. I'm a stubborn ________. (Insert whatever here)

Ben

Last edited:
But you were the reason this whole thing started..... :confused1

Ben

Well kind of, but it was more inspired from the PIF...Sam is still in there holding strong so it is forging on. A few drops before me and a couple after. It seems to be hit and miss with users, so a good experiment with very interesting/eye opening results.

I think the community as a whole view Harris as the ultimate tallow soap, but it seems to be getting mixed reviews even from people who are succeeding with it.

Bad shaves...redness...irritation....It wasn't going well and my face was taking a beating and welcomed the change. I am on 3017ing some Proraso Blue and couldn't be happier. Even PIFing a tube for any Check6 members....so head over to the Cream Section for a chance to win.

As for the AOS tubs. Here are some measurements on what could be the greatest plastic tubs ever. 105.8g and 106.5g, so right around the 105-106g mark is a good estimate.

I knew there was a reason I kept old tubs. This is the second time they have come in handy for getting measurements for other.

$uploadfromtaptalk1394571142492.jpg

$uploadfromtaptalk1394571127743.jpg

Last edited:
I thought he was doing the MdC 3017ing, dropped that and then joined the DR Harris 3017ing. I can't say boo about dropping either as I'm allergic to MdC.

Yup. I got knocked on my butt by two well regarded soaps and am now enjoying a $10 tube of Proraso more then I could have ever imagined.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I don't think I'll have any trouble finishing my Harris Arlington. The last few shaves with it have been wonderful.

D.R. Harris Marlborough - Shave #37

Tuesday Evening

Prep:
Shower / Baxter of California Daily Face Wash
Razor: 1938-45 Gillette Tech w/ Fat Handle
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger
Soap: D.R. Harris Marlborough
Aftershave: Musgo Real AS Lotion / Calani Gentleman AS Balsam
Cologne of the Evening: Creed Original Vetiver

Ben

Well kind of, but it was more inspired from the PIF...Sam is still in there holding strong so it is forging on. A few drops before me and a couple after. It seems to be hit and miss with users, so a good experiment with very interesting/eye opening results.

I think the community as a whole view Harris as the ultimate tallow soap, but it seems to be getting mixed reviews even from people who are succeeding with it.

Bad shaves...redness...irritation....It wasn't going well and my face was taking a beating and welcomed the change. I am on 3017ing some Proraso Blue and couldn't be happier. Even PIFing a tube for any Check6 members....so head over to the Cream Section for a chance to win.

As for the AOS tubs. Here are some measurements on what could be the greatest plastic tubs ever. 105.8g and 106.5g, so right around the 105-106g mark is a good estimate.

I knew there was a reason I kept old tubs. This is the second time they have come in handy for getting measurements for other.

View attachment 423353

View attachment 423352

Can't blame you Bruce..... no reason to suffer through bad shaves. Can't blame you in the least.

Ben

Finished my Stirling today (lasted about 2 months shaving every other day for the most part) with a few test lathers on a new Semogue brush that came in the mail today. Just shaved with windsor and the new brush, lather didn't seem to be a slick compared to Stirling but overall a fine shave. Also tried out proraso after shave today too, really like the menthol in it!

My last 28 shaves with Synergy have averaged 1.45 grams of soap per shave, I expect that the soap per shave will go up as I'm now using my Chubby 2.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Started out 2014 with a NOS Old Spice and then jumped immediately to MdC for about 2 weeks then went back to the NOS OS. The Old Spice will be gone by the end of the week.

The NOS Old Spice pucks have never disappointed. Although there is nary a scent, they consistently deliver quality lathers. They knew what they were doing. :yesnod:

About a quarter through my mostly grated puck of Arlington. When I have it dialed in it's pretty great stuff, but it takes way too much attention to be worth it for me. It's good enough to keep going with the puck, but I don't see another puck of it in my future. I've had much better much easier for much less money.

I decided to go through my existing software in 3017 fashion about three weeks ago and to start with my partially used puck of Arlington. When face lathering, it seems to work decently but does not look very nice. When bowl lathering, it's very easy for me to make the lather too thin to be slick. It looks nicer in the bowl, though. I haven't been particularly fond of the soap either. I've been loading as much as possible, in an attempt to both use it up sooner and get a better lather. There's a decent amount of software left for me to go through even after I finish the Harris, but it's not at the top of my list to replace.

D.R. Harris Marlborough - Shave #38

Wednesday Evening

Prep:
Baxter of California Facial Scrub / warm water
Razor: 1912 Ever Ready
Blade: GEM Stainless Steel PTFE Coated SE
Brush: Kent BK8 Silvertip Badger
Soap: D.R. Harris Marlborough
Aftershave: Brut AS Lotion / Calani Tulach Ard AS Balsam
Cologne of the Day: Penhaligon's Sartorial

Ben

Another shave with the Haslinger Schafmilch. Had the scale in the bathroom with me. I tared it, then loaded my brush like normal. It lost 4 grams again. I only loaded for about 10 seconds, probably less. I love this soap so much, I gotta figure out a way to load less.

Another shave with the Haslinger Schafmilch. Had the scale in the bathroom with me. I tared it, then loaded my brush like normal. It lost 4 grams again. I only loaded for about 10 seconds, probably less. I love this soap so much, I gotta figure out a way to load less.

Jessy, I'd love to see a video of you loading, that is amazing!

Top Bottom