What's new

My Guess... 3017

Been working on RazoRock fresco and thought I had a bunch left and just broke through to the bottom of the tub. When you use a soap at a time it feels like they actually go fast.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I thought the remnants of my Rose of Bulgaria tube would last a week, but that was over a week ago. I'll update my guess to the end of next weekend :tongue_sm

Just finished a previously used tube of C.O. Bigelow. The 38 effortless shaves burned ~1.97g of cream per shave. I already have two replacement tubes due to Bath and Body Works' seemingly perpetual "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" sale.

As for my next 3017 victim, I will be focusing my attention on a new tub of Truefitt & Hill Rose shaving cream. I've had a some wonderful shaves courtesy of a sampler so I am greatly looking forward to this cream.

11/14/13 - 01/05/14 --- Barrister & Mann Nocturne (30 shaves)
01/07/14 - 06/17/14 --- The Art of Shaving Sandalwood Shaving Cream (114 shaves)
06/18/14 - 07/30/14 --- RazoRock XX (48 shaves)
07/31/14 - 08/22/14 --- Stirling Soap Blu Sample (21 shaves)
08/23/14 - 09/01/14 --- Stirling Soap Sport Sample (10 shaves)
09/02/14 - 10/09/14 --- C.O. Bigelow Shaving Cream (Partial Tube - 38 shaves)
10/10/14 - 00/00/00 --- Truefitt & Hill Rose Shaving Cream

Excellent shaves so far with a cream I've had a love hate relationship with from the beginning. The grassy/green notes seem more pronounced towards the end and the scent is very pleasant. Not medicinal or herbal by any stretch and I love the way this cream makes my brush smell as well:001_smile. Will miss it when I'm done.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Still going with the Haslinger Schafmilch.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 160
Wow. An almond-sized amount of Musgo is way too much.

I know. That stuff is the bomb,

10 days into a new tin of SCS New Spice now. Great scent and excellent performance. I have dialed back my load time to 10 seconds, and it's more than enough for my two pass shave.

It seemed longer than it was, but I just finished off my stick of Blueness shaving cream from Turkey, after 22 shaves. This is a surprisingly good shaving soap, and the price is down in the realm of Arko, etc. And, it smells good. It's a good product. Now, I'm going to embark on my next 3017 project, this beautiful and fragrant bowl of MdC Fougere. I made my own brain bowl! It'll be fun to see how long it lasts.

Attachments

• $Martin de Candre Fougere Brain Bowl.jpg
    $Martin de Candre Fougere Brain Bowl.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 150
Gary, you have as much experience with great soaps and creams as anyone, so putting you on the spot, who makes the best fougère for scent and performance?

The only fougere shaving soaps I've used so far are Pen's English Fern, Houbigant Fougere Royale and now the MdC. I really like them all, and there's not a favorite. Like you guys, I've learned that using the same soap every day for extended times is a test to see if I still like it after that.

The soap in this bowl weighs 217g. I'm guessing this bowl of MdC should last me about 4 months, if I load for 15 to 20 seconds, and use a bit less than 2 grams every day. All of those numbers might change as I start to get it dialed in. We'll see!

The only Fougère I have tried is QCS. I liked the scent but have nothing to compare it to. Performance is QCS good - I.e. very.

Razorock Freedburg finished this morning. Great soap and I can't believe how long it lasted. Up next is either a puck of Cade or one of the Argan RazoRock soaps, XX or SOZ.

RazoRock The Freedberg 10/8/2014
Haslinger Ringelblumen (Stick) 7/2/2014
Art of Shaving Lavender (75%, Stick, Tallow) 4/24/2014
La Toja Stick - Travel shave stick 2/7/2014
RazoRock Chianti Lavender (Stick) 2/4/2014
Mystic Water Coconut (85%, Stick) 12/5/2013
Pre de Provence (60%, Stick) 11/2/2013
P160 Tipo Duro Shaving Soap (~60 gm in a stick) 7/24/2013
DR Harris Arlington (Full puck as a Stick) 5/13/2013
Muhle Sea Buckthorn (Stick) 12/2/2012
Provence Sante Green Tea (Stick) 8/6/2012
Gold Dachs Rivivage 5/23/2012
Ralph Lauren Safari 3/14/2012
Mama Bear Dublin Tweed 12/4/2011
Van der Hagen Glycerin 11/2011
Cella 11/2011
Honeybee Clean for Men 6/2011
Honeybee Bay Rum 3/2011
Honeybee Ye Olde Barbershop 1/2011

Now working a puck of L'Occitane Cade. Great scent but have not gotten the lather dialed in. Close shaves lacking protection.

I don't think I can be as committed as some of you guys are, but I think from Monday I may give it a try and start to 3017 some stuff that I have open. Maybe start with a couple small tubes of cream, then get to some soaps. We will see how long I hold out. I think it would be a nice way to learn more about certain products, and get an idea on if they should be a repurchase down the road or not.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Welsome aboard, JasonNYM! Start with some partial tubes or pucks. I'll be tackling my full kilo of P.160 at the very end.... assuming I live that long. :tongue_sm

Welsome aboard, JasonNYM! Start with some partial tubes or pucks. I'll be tackling my full kilo of P.160 at the very end.... assuming I live that long. :tongue_sm

Thanks Rock..yeah that is my plan I have so much stuff open. Will probably finish off half a tube of Coates Lime, then 40% of a tube of Proraso that I have to start, then move on from there. Goal is to start Monday, I just want to get in 1 shave tomorrow with a puck of L'Occitane Cade..then my 3017 baby steps begins haha.

Top Bottom