What's new

My Guess... 3017

RR Morrocan Secret

7 shaves - 15g

2.14g per shave.

Not as slick as Haslinger, but no slouch and a tough soap to follow for any product. I have a feeling not many products are going to live up to Haslinger.

It smells much better though, lathers easily and does not break down in heat. I still need to find the water to soap ratio to give it a bit more sheen and slickness but might try amping up the load times to see if that works.

Shaves are great, no irritation and skin feels moisturized. I am following it with the Problem Silver, which I am also 3017ing.

Last edited:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
AoS Lavender is no more. 3/31/2014 to 5/21/2014.
Next up: A vintage puck of Crabtree & Evelyn Almond Oil.

A 3017 footnote: the very first puck I used when starting this thread was a puck of Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood. The Almond Oil line had already been phased out by C&E so I never had a chance to use the Almond Oil soap. So, a little over four years later, I've come full circle.

Last edited:
Try a little Benadryl cream! :lol: Just remember, it is for a good cause.

:yesnod: Benadryl is my friend.

Use more product!

never a problem for me!

A 3017 footnote: the very first puck I used when starting this thread was a puck of Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood. The Almond Oil line had already been phased out by C&E so I never had a chance to use the Almond Oil soap. So, a little over four years later, I've come full circle.

This oughtta be good. :jump:

Back from my trip. I used up a Truefitt and Hill Lavender sample followed up with a splash of proraso green (also a sample) and then some ultimate comfort balm. Lovely smell from the T&H. There was lavender in it but had a cologne type base. Performed like most other T&H's other than ultimate comfort. I'm not going to buy a tube, but I didn't suffer 1 iota on the trip, either. Great cream. I won't buy the proraso AS ever. It smelled great and certainly worked a treat but was just way too much scent for me for my business meetings. I was self conscious all day that I smelled too loudly. The UC balm however was outstanding. I don't like the smell all that much but it fades almost immediately and works great. I'll take my usual la toja travel stick next time.

Back on the Nancy Boy wagon starting tomorrow. Got a long way to go on that tub. A long way and a butt ton of awesome shaves to go. Oh the humanity!! Kidding..

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
This oughtta be good. :jump:

You should know. You got the puck for me. :biggrin:

full

Last edited by a moderator:

That couldn't have been a full puck of the AOS Lavender, could it Mr. Gold? I scrolled back. It looks like it was a new puck. That's not loading it like you hate it, it's loading it like it committed unspeakable crimes against your family, and kicked your dog!

Last edited:
My journey to use it up:
3/24/14--4/18/14 - Stirling Barbershop - 50 total lathers (face and head)
4/19/14--5/10/14 - Godrej Cool Menthol - about 25 lathers with daily face shaving and every other day head shave.
5/11/14--5/14/14 - Stirling Glacial Wintergreen (sample puck) - 6 total lathers (face and head)
5/15/14--5/16-14 - homemade bay rum soap sample - 2 face lathers, 2 head lathers
5/17/14--5/21/14 - TSD SubZero sample - did not enjoy the scent at all
5/22/14--? - Tiki Set Sail

I'm 5 shaves into my Stirling Earl Gray. Going okay so far, but I don't love the scent. I also notice a very mild burning sensation, usually not until the second pass. If my technique is better the burning is less noticeable.

Typical advice seems to suggest I ditch it for a soap I like better, but I'll have a hard time ditching this one since it was a gift from my wife.

Any words of wisdom for me?

Tell her you are allergic and she'll understand. She doesn't want to see you suffer through it or find out after.

Use it to break in brushes or if it's hard enough, use it as a body bar and see if your body can tolerate it.

+1

Say "Hello" to either brush de-funk or bath soap duty

Well it's a momentous day when I can make a post like this.......

The QED Sandalwood has met its end!

So here's the tally so far...

• 09.08.2011 05.21.2012 Tallow AOS soap Lemon Premo!
  • 07.02.2012 10.07.2012 DRH Arlington* NOT finished on hold for the winter
  • 10.08.2012 07.17.2013 Tallow AOS Sandalwood Perfecto!
  • 07.18.2013 12.24.2013 DRH Arlington* Winner winner
  • 12.26.2013 05.21.2014 QED Sandalwood End of an Era
  • 05.22.2014 **.**.2014 Tallow Pens Fern

I'm about 4 shaves in to my newest 3017 victim, QCS Coconut croap.

I'd started this tub thinking I would do a consecutive run of all of my coconut soaps and creams to see which emerged as my favorite, but the QCS is so good that I'm considering altering that plan to be a consecutive run of all of my QCS croaps.

I had inconsistent lathers with QCS croap very early on in my wet shaving experience but loading properly has proven this lather to be both outstanding and automatic. QCS coconut is a must try for those looking for a "culinary coconut" scent rather than candy or sun screen (I happen to enjoy all three myself).

Your soap usage is more in line with mine.

I'm about 4 shaves in to my newest 3017 victim, QCS Coconut croap.

I'd started this tub thinking I would do a consecutive run of all of my coconut soaps and creams to see which emerged as my favorite, but the QCS is so good that I'm considering altering that plan to be a consecutive run of all of my QCS croaps.

I had inconsistent lathers with QCS croap very early on in my wet shaving experience but loading properly has proven this lather to be both outstanding and automatic. QCS coconut is a must try for those looking for a "culinary coconut" scent rather than candy or sun screen (I happen to enjoy all three myself).

Good to know. QCS is a very good soap/cream and the coconut has been one I have wanted for a while.

I'm Cuckoo for Coconut :letterk1:

Last edited:

:ouch1:

Top Bottom