What's new

My Guess... 3017

My Haslinger Schafmilch has been moon-shaped in the bowl I store it in for the last few shaves and still won't give up. This little fella provides great value.

My next 3017 project is not shaving-related, but I am going to work on ~325g of loose-leaf Tung Ting oolong tea.

I was able to kill off about 250g of darker oolong in about four months of semi-casual drinking, so this should last me a while at the same rate.

My next 3017 project is not shaving-related, but I am going to work on ~325g of loose-leaf Tung Ting oolong tea.

I was able to kill off about 250g of darker oolong in about four months of semi-casual drinking, so this should last me a while at the same rate.
Ha! On that note, I am starting to really dial in my Redbird Espresso blend so I probably won't switch it out for at least another pound or two. There is a Brazilian espresso blend in the wings though that is brand new to me.

strop

Now half as wise
$20150430_191231.jpg

3 months down. 80 shaves with 97 grams used. At this rate I'very got another 3 months to go!

Brand / Scent / S.E.F. (1 poor - 5 excellent)

Czech & Speake / Oxford & Cambridge / 5
Haslinger / Schafmilch / 5
Mikes / Barbershop / 4
Mikes / Rose and Cedarwood / 4
B&M / Fougere Aromatique / 4
Proraso Cream / Blue / 4
Simpsons Luxury Cream / Vanilla & Rose / 4
Valobra Soft Soap / Almond / 3
Harris Cream / Arlington / 3
RR / Fines American Blend / 3
Proraso Cream / Red / 3
TOBS Cream / Lavender / 3
Cella / 3
Xpec Cream / Original & Unscented / 3
Proraso Cream / Green / 2
Institut Karite Cream / regular / 2
Col Conk / Bay Rum / 2
Stirling / SDM / 2
Stirling / Lime / 2
B&M / Nocturne / 1 (allergic reaction)
TOBS Soap "new" / Sandalwood / 1
Williams / regular / 1

Starting May 1st...Mikes.

And London Barbershop is done. I didn't have enough for the 10th full shave today, but I gave it a shot anyway. Since I only had enough lather for 1 good pass I didn't count it below.

3017 (Rating 1-4)StartEnd# Shavesg per shaverefill $ per shave
Various Samples11/17/201412/16/201413--
Stirling Autumn Glory (s) | 112/18/20141/14/2015151.89$0.14
Palmolive (paused) | 42/2/20153/13/2015180.74$0.012
SCS Fairway (s) | 13/15/20153/16/201522$0.28
B&M Adagio (s) | 2.53/18/20154/4/2015101.01$0.12
MR London Barbershop (s) | 2.54/5/20154/30/201591.02$0.09
T&H Trafalgar (s)??????

I decided just after posting that I will use a Truefitt & Hill sample as my next. I only has 1-2 shaves worth.

Last edited:
Gents, up for grabs is a puck of Ian S 5am Fougere. Just make a comment that you'd like to try it and I'll pick a winner this weekend. Might split the puck and pick two winners.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Jay, I'm afraid to enter as I might win. :laugh:
Winning Bruce's great D.R. Harris PIF last year set me back 7 months on my stockpile reduction plan. :001_rolle

Gents, up for grabs is a puck of Ian S 5am Fougere. Just make a comment that you'd like to try it and I'll pick a winner this weekend. Might split the puck and pick two winners.

I'm in, thanks for the chance. I have about 15 shave left of a tub of TOBS Almond and I can try it. Come to think if it, I'm not sure that I posted about finishing KMF. Need to do that this weekend.

Not in since I already have your other puck, but those of you that have never tried an Ian S soap need to jump all offer this offer.

Jay, I'd love to try it if you'll consider me. Thanks!

Finished my T&H Trafalgar sample this morning. That was a nice experience. Effortless lather, good protection and good slickness every time. No dialing necessary for me. The scent was really nice of course and something I enjoyed a lot.

Starting a peppermint/grapefruit soap sample on Sunday.

Top Bottom