What's new

My Guess... 3017

5 shaves on Mike's Rose and Cedarwood and my sample is done. It's a great soap and the scent is just fantastic. If you are a rose fan I recommend it, it's not a complex rose with a bunch of other scents added to help balance it out, it's just rose and I like it that way.

One shave down with Mystic Water Lilac. The lather was good, it did start breaking down during the shave but it was nothing a little face lathering couldn't fix. Tomorrow I'll work the lather a little longer in the bowl and see if that helps.

One shave down with Mystic Water Lilac. The lather was good, it did start breaking down during the shave but it was nothing a little face lathering couldn't fix. Tomorrow I'll work the lather a little longer in the bowl and see if that helps.

I hope you can fix that. It sounds like the issue I was having and even though I could easily relather those areas, it bothered me to have to do so.

As others have said, the post shave feel and quality of the shave you get from the lather is second to none.

5 shaves on Mike's Rose and Cedarwood and my sample is done. It's a great soap and the scent is just fantastic. If you are a rose fan I recommend it, it's not a complex rose with a bunch of other scents added to help balance it out, it's just rose and I like it that way.

Shawn, If it smells like real lilacs, I'd get some. What did you think?

I hope you can fix that. It sounds like the issue I was having and even though I could easily relather those areas, it bothered me to have to do so.

As others have said, the post shave feel and quality of the shave you get from the lather is second to none.

I'm hoping I can fix it too. Post shave skin care is excellent.

Shawn, If it smells like real lilacs, I'd get some. What did you think?

Gary, It's been a long time since I've smelled real lilacs. It smells like what I remember Lilacs smelling like, but I'm not totally sure.

Has anyone finished off a big tub of Proraso lately, and how long did it take? That's my next 3017 target. I'll be using a big TGN badger and loading time of 15 or 20 seconds. Just wondering how long to plan for.

+1. I am not a Rose fan but Mikes R&C is one of my top 5 favorite soaps. I have a new tin I am going to 3017 probably over the holidays.

Restarted a 3017 attempt with what's left of my Arko...only about an inch remaining. It'll probably take me a week or two.

Arko and the Veg... and the first shave on an E type injector!! It was a wonderful morning.

Calani is on it's way out! :thumbup1: Very good soap indeed. The scent mellowed out nicely and just slivers remain. I will most likely not replace it, but we shall see. Considering the price with shipping and size of the puck, meh. I still have classic havana to seal my decision.

So far, Mike's is still my favorite!
:w00t: Mike the soap man! :thumbup: Mike's was the second puck of soap I ever purchased and I've been chasing the dragon ever since haha.

What's next??!

Time to take a dip in the Mystic Water. I've struggled lathering it in the past but I've also had amazing shaves with it. Adirondack Jack - here I come!

PS: Thank you 3017'ers for helping me curve my AD's and focus on what I have. My actual shaves have been much more enjoyable and I haven't been scouring the internet for new goods all day at work. My photography hobby has taken that role
:mad3:

---- BMiLCS 3017 Journey ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

07.23.2014 - 00.00.0000 : Calani Dubai
07.20.2014 - 07.23.2014 : *WSP Soap Test Sample (Beta)
07.18.2014 - 07.20.2014 : *Barrister & Mann Vetiver, Heather, Clary Sage
07.10.2014 - 07.18.2014 : *Proraso Green Cream
06.11.2014 - 07.10.2014 : BSBC Italian Patchouli & Bergamot
05.12.2014 - 06.11.2014 : AoS Tallow - Lemon
04.24.2014 - 05.12.2014 : Mike's Natural Soaps - Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper

Note: * = substantial previous use / sample / very little left
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't believe I've only been doing this for 3 1/2 months. I can't remember what shaving roulette is even like anymore!

And lo the Queen Charlotte Soaps Iced Key Lime, a PIF received last summer dtom Celestino, 3017ed not quite exclusively since the beginning of July, bit the dust today.

If you like menthol with a little extra, this is a great soap. I started going off menthol halfway through, but at the same time the blast of freeze died down to more manageable lecels as the puck was used.
Never had a bad lather from it.
QCS is good stuff. Gives good glide and protection, easy to lather and post shave feel is good.

Week of vacation with Speick stick and maybe a RR XX coming up.

My journey to use it up:
3/24/14--4/18/14 - Stirling Barbershop
4/19/14--5/10/14 - Godrej Cool Menthol - about 25 lathers with daily face shaving and every other day head shave.
5/11/14--5/14/14 - Stirling Glacial Wintergreen (sample puck) - 6 total lathers (face and head)
5/15/14--5/16-14 - homemade bay rum soap sample - 2 face lathers, 2 head lathers
5/17/14--5/21/14 - TSD SubZero sample - did not enjoy the scent at all
5/22/14--7/05/14 - Tiki Set Sail - vegan, really enjoyed this soap.
7/06/14--8/14/14 - Stirling Spice - excellent soap, but started to get a little tired of the scent.
8/15/14--? Saint James Mandarin & Patchouli cream

The Stirling Spice lasted quite a while. I had 6 days of travel where I used the tube of Palmolive in my dopp kit. My records show I had a total of 32 lathers with the soap. Looking forward to the using something different for a while. I've made one shave with the Saint James cream and was surprised that I enjoyed the scent.

I have one shave left on the QCS IKL. Probably enough to last Sam a week and a half, but it will be dead tonight.

LOL. Exactly the same thing this morning came to mind when I rinsed out the tub my Tiki Surf's Up! is in and noticed there was only a little strip left for about 120* of the bottom of the jar. As I thought, this weekend will kill it, the simultaneous thought that Sam would make to Labor Day came to me...

LOL. Exactly the same thing this morning came to mind when I rinsed out the tub my Tiki Surf's Up! is in and noticed there was only a little strip left for about 120* of the bottom of the jar. As I thought, this weekend will kill it, the simultaneous thought that Sam would make to Labor Day came to me...
As I finished up this morning, (and accidentally left the tap running in the bowl as I shaved), I was thinking that, plus I was reminded of times as a wee lad when scraping my dinner leftovers into the trash and being admonished by a parent "Och, you could feed a family with what you're throwing away..."

Top Bottom