What's new

My Guess... 3017

Awesome, well all the parts for the brush are on there way here I should say...just ordered the knot tonight...can't wait to crack into everything!!!

While I don't have much of an interest in using the same brush until the Cella is used up, I have noticed that Marco's observation about the soap doing better with boar brushes is correct. So I think I will restrict myself to using my boars for the duration of the soap.

This morning I used up the last of my frankin soap, it was the remnants of Razorock Thirdeye and MdB. Goldachs is on deck next.

I'm still trying to figure out if I'm going to join the shenanigans on April 9th. The brush is easy, figuring out what soap is hard.

I just counted $450 worth of soaps you burned through...whoa....:kyle1:

full

Last edited by a moderator:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
From that pic, only 4 remain. Two soaps that are not pictured but are also on the heap Are Tabac and a AoS soap.

This morning I used up the last of my frankin soap, it was the remnants of Razorock Thirdeye and MdB. Goldachs is on deck next.

I'm still trying to figure out if I'm going to join the shenanigans on April 9th. The brush is easy, figuring out what soap is hard.

I'm in on this. I think I will have finished a puck of Mitchell's Wool Fat soap by April 9th.

I'm trying to decide on the brush and soap/cream. It will either be Blenheim Bouquet soap or the ~150grams of Truefitt & Hill Grafton cream. It may be the T&H cream since I've had it for a while now and it seems like the scent is starting to fade on it.

I'm such a soap guy...... I have had a few shaves from my tub of SMN and it has certainly been better than the TOBS Cream, but it is still not quite right. Accordingly, I will put the SMN on hold and try it again in summer- thereby making space in my soap dish for this one:

proxy.php

I'm looking forward to trying this out and in any case, I will be dallying with others shortly enough when the next Brush Chronicle kicks off.

gona get in on this as of tomorrow i will use nothing but my eton college cream kinda sad tho i was under the impression that if i kept rotating soaps theyd never end lol.

If creams are acceptable then I will commit to a vow of monoshavamy as well. No need for me to wait until April 9, I'll start tomorrow.

My cream of choice will be 5 small tubes of CO Bigelow
My brush of choice will be a Parker Black Badger (a bit prickly but it is a cream devouring monster)
My razor of choice will be a Parker 65r (an easy choice for me since it has been my daily razor for about a year anyway)
My blade of choice will be the remainder of my Kai blades

One cream, one brush, one razor, one brand of blade. Every day until the cream is gone.

If creams are acceptable then I will commit to a vow of monoshavamy as well. No need for me to wait until April 9, I'll start tomorrow.

My cream of choice will be 5 small tubes of CO Bigelow
My brush of choice will be a Parker Black Badger (a bit prickly but it is a cream devouring monster)
My razor of choice will be a Parker 65r (an easy choice for me since it has been my daily razor for about a year anyway)
My blade of choice will be the remainder of my Kai blades

One cream, one brush, one razor, one brand of blade. Every day until the cream is gone.

this is how ive been shaving for the last year or so, found what works for me, why tinker with something that gives you dfs-bbs everyday? The soap was the ever changing thing...so now it is:

Safari soap
new 22mm 2band TGN in a m7 style handle
Merker 30c
Lab preps

Well till the soap gives up its ghost!!!!

Top Bottom