What's new

My Guess... 3017

I broke through the Mickey Lee cocoa Maya yesterday and here's a pic of it.

I have maybe 3 weeks left tops.

Attachments

• $Picture 044.jpg
    $Picture 044.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 150
First shave with Valobra Almond Croap today. I loaded it heavy with a very wet brush. Lathers easy and performance similar to Cella and other decent Italian soft soaps. There is something about the scent that I don't care for. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but after the shave (no A/S today) a faint scent lingered for an hour or 2 that is a bit off-putting.

After the roller coaster ride Cella took me on I will just say that my first impression is that this is going to be a good soap, probably not a great soap. Time and shaves will tell. Cheers!

I almost had a heart attack this evening. The kids were getting ready for bed and our youngest was using the shave den Bathroom and goofing around.

His hands were occupied with brushing (not sure what is second hand was doing) and he had to hold the toothpaste somewhere. He was pretending it was something else as he was laughing (guess where) and he knocked something off the counter. At first I thought it was my small drinking glass, but it was my beloved Blue Soap Dish. :scared:

My heart sank as I picked it up. Luckily it appears perfect, no chips, cracks, no hair in the soap and perfectly fine.

Phew. :001_rolle

Maybe I'll send you mine...

A generous offer Jason, but I will have to graciously decline. We have L'Occitane stores here in India and I think if I buy it locally it'll be less expensive than shipping it over.

Thank you for the thought.

50 shaves with the PdP completed as of this morning and they've been very enjoyable BUT I haven't reached the half way mark yet. Might need to start head shaving from next month:bored:.

I almost had a heart attack this evening. The kids were getting ready for bed and our youngest was using the shave den Bathroom and goofing around.

His hands were occupied with brushing (not sure what is second hand was doing) and he had to hold the toothpaste somewhere. He was pretending it was something else as he was laughing (guess where) and he knocked something off the counter. At first I thought it was my small drinking glass, but it was my beloved Blue Soap Dish. :scared:

My heart sank as I picked it up. Luckily it appears perfect, no chips, cracks, no hair in the soap and perfectly fine.

Time to buy a lotto ticket.

Bruce, "Phew." is an understatement.

I think you should invest in some sort of elevated shelf or cabinet instead of the lotto ticket. All my stuff is on a high shelf primarily because of the blades and very little hands around our house but it protects my treasured soap bowl from these kind of accidents too.

Elliott, thanks for the thoughts. I recently sampled one of their soaps for a couple shaves and it burned my skin a bit so I traded it but initially it seemed to lather easily but felt a little airy on the last pass. Glad to hear you get good results, I'm sure I could dial it in if I end up with one that doesn't bother my skin.

I think I'll be back to 3017 soon. Testing different soaps has led me to realize what I have is almost all good and I don't really want to get rid of any of my soaps. Sort of a win/lose, I guess. The latest test is Vitos Extra Super. Really liking this one.

I have a drawer for all my shaving stuff but it's literally completely full. There's got to be 30 different soaps, creams, and other crap in there. I need to kill some stuff. No more software until I make room (yeah right...).

AOS Sandalwood going strong. Scent is still faded, shaves are great--better than MdC actually--not too bad in terms of loading the product.

I don't think I like hard soaps. They are a pain in the butt to load and I never seem to get enough product to make me happy. I really struggled with MWF and even though I'm not struggling with AOS, I think I prefer the soft soaps and creams. I can just dip the tips into cream and hydrate and I'm done.

I haven't really felt like my Thater 49125/2 has shined since using Maca Root cream. I was able to get enough lather for 4+ passes easily, but now I'm barely getting three, and I feel like I'm mashing the brush a lot in the process.

Glad to hear there was no damage. It's amazing how attached we get to some of our gear. It seems to be in direct proportion to how hard it would be to replace, doesn't it?

Glad to hear there was no damage. It's amazing how attached we get to some of our gear. It seems to be in direct proportion to how hard it would be to replace, doesn't it?
That's just it. If I broke an OS mug or my scuttle, it would suck but they are easily replaceable. Heck, I could pull out an OS mug from under the sink

At least I have lots of pics and measurement if I ever had to get a custom made.

That's just it. If I broke an OS mug or my scuttle, it would suck but they are easily replaceable. Heck, I could pull out an OS mug from under the sink

At least I have lots of pics and measurement if I ever had to get a custom made.

Suggestion: B&B LE mug made to those specifications? I'd buy it.

Going strong with the Haslinger Schafmilch. I've been using some big boars lately and they are really tearing through the soap. So far I have not had a bad shave with this soap. I'm still a little "meh" on the scent but its light and not offensive at all.

My Palmolive (grated in a mug) has an indentation after 13 shaves. That's progress for me, it's the first non-sample to show signs of use.
I'm in a groove now where I change my soap for my Saturday shaves, but other than that it's 3017'ing.

Top Bottom