What's new

My Guess... 3017

Towards the end of the RazoRock Rocktoberfest and it is turning to mush. Probably only a couple of shaves left but it looks like it needs a couple of days to dry out.

6g left of the AOS before today's shave. Used the 26mm Shavemac 2-band. Loaded like I wanted to use all 6g but probably only used 1.5g. A fine shave, although I'm not getting as much product as I like because there's so little left. Still no issues with the shave not being close enough, so assuming the Weber is a better fit for me.

I'm torn between my next 3017 experience between Musgo Real Orange Amber, TOBS St. Jermyn Sensitive, RR S. Maria, or rotating between S. Maria on hot days and one of the others on cooler days. The latter two should be disposed of easily.

Rolling with RR S. Maria, but I reserve the right to swap a few shaves if we get our usual "May Gray" or "June Gloom". Weight without any lids is 79.6g. I'm thinking there's at least 50g in there, with 60g being my target. I doubt there's 65g of product left.

At 60g and if I use Bruce's average of 3.5g/shave, I'm looking at about 17 shaves, which should see me through a good chunk of June.

First shave tonight face-lathering with the Shavemac 90 was excellent. I'm going to be using up some Myrsol aftershave samples from a while ago; the Formula C I used tonight was a great finisher with a little bit of a mint scent to go with the eucalyptus.

My 3017 experiment to decrease my soap stash is going the wrong way...again. I traded a buddy some Fines Italian Citrus A/S for a puck of NOS AOS soap. If its as good as the C&S it was a good trade.

Started a fresh tin of Mikes today as my next 3017 victim. Its not quite as slick as C&S, but still a very good soap. I decided to set the other brushes aside and stick with my SOC boar through this entire tin of Mikes. My SOC didn't see any play with the C&S because its such a soap pig. I didn't want to burn through a bunch of C&S needlessly. Not the case with Mikes. I have a feeling once this tin of Mikes gets good and hydrated the SOC will make quick work of it. I wonder if it will even last the month of May?

I took a break from RazoRock Son of Zeus this morning and tried a tub of Barrister and Mann Lavanille that I got in a recent trade. Performance was excellent and the scent is wild and strong. A lot going on in that scent. Overall a great soap.

I was turning my pucks into sticks for a couple of years. I'm back to loading from the puck for now.

Here's the list.

RazoRock Son of Zeus - In use
Martin de Candre Fourgue - 1 oz sample 4/9/2015
Martin de Candre - 1 oz sample 3/6/2015
L'Occitane Cade 1/29/2015
RazoRock The Freedberg 10/8/2014
Haslinger Ringelblumen (Stick) 7/2/2014
Art of Shaving Lavender (75%, Stick, Tallow) 4/24/2014
La Toja Stick - Travel shave stick 2/7/2014
RazoRock Chianti Lavender (Stick) 2/4/2014
Mystic Water Coconut (85%, Stick) 12/5/2013
Pre de Provence (60%, Stick) 11/2/2013
P160 Tipo Duro (~60 gm stick) 7/24/2013
DR Harris Arlington (Full puck as a Stick) 5/13/2013
Muhle Sea Buckthorn (Stick) 12/2/2012
Provence Sante Green Tea (Stick) 8/6/2012
Gold Dachs Rivivage 5/23/2012
Ralph Lauren Safari 3/14/2012
Mama Bear Dublin Tweed 12/4/2011
Van der Hagen Glycerin 11/2011
Cella 11/2011
Honeybee Clean for Men 6/2011
Honeybee Bay Rum 3/2011
Honeybee Ye Olde Barbershop 1/2011

Last edited:
I finished up the jar of St. James of London Mandarin & Patchouli cream this morning. I received this jar last July and used it sporadically last year, but focused in on it this spring. 55 or so lathers from the jar. Could have stretched it out more because it takes a really small amount to make plenty of lather. Sort of sad to see this one go.

proxy.php

3017 Log

3/24/14--4/18/14 - Stirling Barbershop

4/19/14--5/10/14 - Godrej Cool Menthol
5/11/14--5/14/14 - Stirling Glacial Wintergreen (sample puck)
5/15/14--5/16-14 - homemade bay rum soap sample
5/17/14--5/21/14 - TSD SubZero sample
5/22/14--7/05/14 - Tiki Set Sail
7/06/14--8/14/14 - Stirling Spice
8/15/14--8/16/14 Saint James Mandarin & Patchouli cream dropped due to reaction. Revisit after outdoor freeze.
8/17/4--8/21/14 - St. Charles Shave SCS blend sample - easy to lather.
8/22/14--11/8/14 - IanS (@sliceoflife) lavender soap - 70 lathers.
11/19/14-11/30/14 - Old Spice cream
11/9/14--? - Klar Kabinett - paused after 55 lathers on 1/31/15
2/2/15 -- 2/11/15 - The Shave Den Grey Vetiver type - 21 lathers
2/12/15 -- 2/16/15 - Ogallala Bay Rum cedarwood sample
2/17/15 -- 5/2/15 - Saint James Mandarin & Patchouli
5/3/15 -- ? - Dusy Kabinett (approximately 125 g)

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
For the first time since joining B&B, I now own one single solitary puck of shaving soap. After finishing a puck of DR Harris Windsor I actually had no shaving soap in my house whatsoever. I was using a tube of Old Spice shaving cream until I had time to run to a local AoS store and pick up a puck of Lavender s/s which I will start today. Now that there is a puck of shaving soap in the house again, everything feels right with the world once again.

Last edited:
For the first since joining B&B, I now own one single solitary puck of shaving soap. After finishing a puck of DR Harris Windsor I actually had no shaving soap in my house whatsoever. I was using a tube of Old Spice shaving cream until I had time to run to a local AoS store and pick up a puck of Lavender s/s which I will start today. Now that there is a puck of shaving soap in the house again, everything feels right with the world once again.
But what happens when this puck runs out?!

You'll have to go to the store again!! What a vicious and sad cycle.

I don't even know what to say Bob (Johnniegold). I can't imagine having one single puck of soap, or no soap for that matter.

If, um, you need soap, we, ah, can help you with that.

No kidding. Maybe we could break into our travel kits and send him a pallet or so of soap!

For the first since joining B&B, I now own one single solitary puck of shaving soap. After finishing a puck of DR Harris Windsor I actually had no shaving soap in my house whatsoever. I was using a tube of Old Spice shaving cream until I had time to run to a local AoS store and pick up a puck of Lavender s/s which I will start today. Now that there is a puck of shaving soap in the house again, everything feels right with the world once again.

This is exactly what I'm aiming for. You sir are an inspiration!

Phew! Glad that you made it safely out of that clinch, Bob.

Top Bottom