What's new

My Guess... 3017

XXX-t. Why can't they make this a year round soap? It's awesome. I would seriously consider this as a daily driver.

Joseph way under estimated the demand and had to wait for the Artisan to make more.

It should be back soon, along with 6 other of the XXX-T based soap and a Summer X soap too. :thumbup1:

You wouldn't think I would need warm lather in the middle of May, but it was -6 the other morning and 0 today, so I warmed up the brush scuttle and put it to the test today. It passed with flying colours.

I think it's fair to say that we have different experiences of spring from what you have in your neck of the (really cold) woods.

I will gladly take -6 or even 0 Celsius instead of the 35+ (Celsius) and "on fire" we've been having in San Diego this week.

Still working on TOBS Sandalwood, but had to cheat with Proraso yesterday because it's been blazing hot. Starting to scrape the bottom of the bowl of TOBS though.

I'd appreciate it if you would refer to it as The Precious.​

Hey, that's what I call my Chief. Lovely brush, that. Glad I got it.

More on topic, the Mike's Lily-of-the-Valley is great soap. Loving every shave. I've done a few pucks of Mike's before and I got it dialed in the first time. Must be muscle memory.

Weighed the RazoRock Caribbean Coconut tonight:

Starting weight (tub + soap, no lid) = 72g

Current weight after 10 shaves = 47g

Giving me an average usage of 2.5g per shave. I'm hoping this will last the month, but I honestly don't know if it will...I'd like to get at least one more week out of it, if I can.

My journey to use it up:
3/24/14--4/18/14 - Stirling Barbershop - 50 total lathers (face and head)
4/19/14--5/10/14 - Godrej Cool Menthol - about 25 lathers with daily face shaving and every other day head shave.
5/11/14--5/14/14 - Stirling Glacial Wintergreen (sample puck) - 6 total lathers (face and head)
5/15/14--5/16-14 - homemade bay rum soap sample - 2 face lathers, 2 head lathers
5/17/14--5/? - TSD SubZero sample

Last edited:
The Speick's days are numbered. I'd guess I have about a week, at most, left, then it will be on to something else. I'm not sure what yet, though. I have a tin of The Beach, which would be perfect for this time of year, but that's a whole lotta soap. I also have a tub of Strop Shoppe Rosemary Mint that has about 2 oz. or so left. I may just finish that one off; it's an easy kill. There's still time left to decide though.

I'm about half way through my RazoRock KotC Lime. This is the second time using this soap for me (I used a tub last July), and I really love it. This soap has earned a permanent place in my shave den. I highly recommend it. Great scent, creamy lather, and it leaves my face feeling great. What more can you ask for from a shave soap?

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
AoS Lavender (old formulation) has about one week left.

What's left in the collection?

DR Harris Arlington (naturally)
DR Harris Windsor
C&E Almond (NOS)
Arko stick

... and then it's time to go on a little soap shopping spree. :yesnod:

AoS Lavender (old formulation) has about one week left.

... and then it's time to go on a little soap shopping spree. :yesnod:

How do you like the old AoS compared to the newer formula? And enjoy the spree. I think I'm 3-4 years away from being able to do that as I work my way through my horde.

As for me, nothing really new to report. I'm still cruising along with the nancy boy enjoying every shave. I'm guessing it's going to take me quite a bit longer than the 40 shaves brucered got, but I'm AOK with that. I generally prefer soaps but this cream is great. Following it up with a splash of Myrsol K then a bit of the nancy boy cooling gel. Great shaves. I'm going through my straights and really trying to perfect the edges so the 3017 way and keeping everything else constant is awesome.

I'm going on a business trip for a few days and it will be either my travel La Toja stick or, more likely, one of the cream samples I have. Then it'll be back to the tub of NB.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
How do you like the old AoS compared to the newer formula?

I couldn't say. I used a puck of the Unscented and now this Lavender. Both were old formulations. I think Bob (beginish) and a few others have used both. Maybe they can chime in.

Lol!
I'd like to see my stash down to only 4 soaps soon...

Honestly, it's hard to believe that I'm down to 4 soaps. I can remember when I had a closet full of tubs of Trumper, TOBS and T&H creams and bowls of soap and now... 4 soaps.

My journey to use it up:
3/24/14--4/18/14 - Stirling Barbershop - 50 total lathers (face and head)
4/19/14--5/10/14 - Godrej Cool Menthol - about 25 lathers with daily face shaving and every other day head shave.
5/11/14--5/14/14 - Stirling Glacial Wintergreen (sample puck) - 6 total lathers (face and head)
5/15/14--5/16-14 - homemade bay rum soap sample - 2 face lathers, 2 head lathers
5/17/14--5/? - TSD SubZero sample

I was so tempted to just "drop" the TSD into the toilet or something after the first lather because it just wasn't the same as some of the easy soaps and creams I've been using, but, I decided to be disciplined and I am glad that I was. The TSD soap is improving with every lather (3 face and 2 head shaves) and is delivering a smooth and slick lather with really not too much work. I'm not wild about the menthol "Vicks Vapo Rub" type scent and the soap is not overly cold, but it is getting the job done. The puck is pretty hard and may last out the week unless I decide to test lather it with several brushes, just to test, you know?

Top Bottom