What's new

My Guess... 3017

I don't load like I hate it but I got 14 shaves on a half ounce sample of B&M soap. I figure that means my Leviathan would last at least 100 if I 3017ed it.

I love the jar for Hallows.

Part of the reason I want to burn through the entire tub of Hallows is so I can reuse it for another soap. I really dig the skull dude smiling up at me every day :thumbup1:

Dropping out of the MdC challenge as I'm way less then impressed....."Life's too short....."

Interesting. With all the praise I read about MdC, I don't hear comments like this very often. MdC is on my "gotta try someday" list, but I'm holding off. I'm skeptical that I'll find a soap that eclipses Haslinger, at this point. On the other hand, that hasn't stopped me from buying other soaps :blush:

Interesting. With all the praise I read about MdC, I don't hear comments like this very often. MdC is on my "gotta try someday" list, but I'm holding off. I'm skeptical that I'll find a soap that eclipses Haslinger, at this point. On the other hand, that hasn't stopped me from buying other soaps :blush:

Just like the Harris 3017, this is going to bring out some negative experiences with MdC.

I got about a week into my second attempt at 3017ing it, before moving on.

Haslinger is still tops in my den.

Dropping out of the MdC challenge as I'm way less then impressed....."Life's too short....."
SCS Mochaccino is on tap !!!!

You clearly love SCS performance - I have to keep that in mind if I ever go on a soap binge again because it doesn't get too many mentions these days. Bummer about MdC, isn't it exorbitantly expensive?

Just like the Harris 3017, this is going to bring out some negative experiences with MdC.

I got about a week into my second attempt at 3017ing it, before moving on.

Haslinger is still tops in my den.

A week into 3017ing the MdC or DR Harris?

And as much as I'm enjoying my tryst with PannaCrema, I'm itching to try my puck of Haslinger Schafmilch. Soon...

I think both :blush:

Actually, I made it a couple weeks in the Harris before quitting.

For me, Harris is one of those soaps that gets better with usage. I have soft water and have not had issues lathering many soaps. There are a couple notable exceptions, but otherwise I'm fortunate. I Coloniali is another on the "to try someday" list.

I am seeing progress in 3017ing the PannaCrema. I was getting worried.

I'm happy to report that I've completed my 2nd 3017 journey, this time with Razorocktober. I mostly enjoyed it, I've yet to try a Razorock soap that I didn't enjoy. The day after completing it, however, I shaved using XXX for some perspective and it became immediately clear that XXX blows it away. Razorocktober scent was underwhelming yet it became a comforting morning scent that I learned to enjoy. Overall, a solid soap and enjoyable experience.

Now, a big decision to make as to my next victim. I have almost full pucks of MWF, B&M Fougere, LPL, XXX. Or.....do I order some MdC and jump into that epic journey?? Decisions, decisions....

Mikes Rose and Cedarwood is pretty much gone. I set it aside for a few days to let it dry a bit, was getting too soupy. I was going to go right into another puck of Schafmilch (my current fav) but, I have some Cella left from a brick I PIF'd and pressed it into an old wooden bowl. About 150g I should think. I am going to finish that off now, hope to be done with it by the end of Feb. I like Cella, its not the greatest by any means, but it lathers easily enough. After a month of it I will be ready to move on tho'.

I know its sad......but I have been only shaving once a week... but the PannaCrema and RR Stelth has been killing the beard in just one pass with some touch ups amazing, in my book. The soap is fantastic.

$IMG_3633.jpg

I've got one last shave with the Mudder Focker. For my next victim, I'm considering AOS NOS Sandalwood, AOS Sandalwood new formula, or RR Captain's Choice Bay Rum.

Gentlemen, what say you?

I would say get the bay run out of the way. I associate bay run with fall/winter and I would want to use that up before spring rolls around. Ymmv

Top Bottom